You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 6:56am

"openthumbs" taking long time (4-5 seconds) to execute when i have more no. of panos on iPhone3

Hi,

"openthumbs" taking long time to execute when i have more no. of panos (for example, i have 14 panos with thumbnail facility on iPhone3 and when clicked on stack of thumbnails to open and it will called "openthumbs" and "openthumb" 14x2 = 28 times and that causes of 4-5 seconds delay to arrange the thumbs in screen.)

is there any way to optimize the "openthumbs" and "openthumb" so they will called only once when i clicked on thumbnail stacks?

Also please let me know if there is other ways to reduced the delay when i clicked on thumbnail stack with more no. of panos.

Thanks

--
Pratiks

HansNyb

Professional

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 10:04am

Open thumbs action takes a lot of time to arrange them. You can not avoid that.

The only way to avoid this is to change it all so that they stay open but are just made invisible.
You have to make a button to show the thumbs again after clicking on them.
See this example.
http://360-foto.dk/vr/carl-bloch/

Or this which also include the show the thumbs on the left banner
http://www.360-foto.dk/vr/churches/

Hans

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 10:46am

Hi HansNyb,

Thanks for you quick reply.

but i can't go with like keep thumbnails open as i have to prepare a tour for iphone and there is a screen limitation to show 14 thumbnail should open all the times.

--
Pratiks

HansNyb

Professional

Thursday, June 9th 2011, 12:41pm

that should not be a problem. They are made invisible when yo choose one and does not interfere with panning.

Hans