krpano 1.0.8 beta 7

• What's left for the final 1.0.8 version:

• videoplayer plugin (will follow in the next days)
    • 3D distorted hotspots
    • optional automatic flash9/flash10 switching for best performance on all systems
    • others fov types (hfov,vfov,dfov,mm,zoom)
    • more customizable progressbar
    • encrypted external images
    • add the "keep multires level" option again
    • adjustable sharpen effect
    • controllable filters/effects (glow,shadow,blur...) for plugins/hotspots
    • new mouse control mode
    • cylindrical QTVRs
    • complete new editor with much more possibilities
    • updated and new plugins
    • finished kprotect tool
    • kprotect command line tool
    • linux versions of the tools
    • docu / examples
    • updated website
    • ...?

Klaus,
    I just want to revive this topic : How camera without to click mouse button.
    I'm very interested in this *love* (for my website interface) !
    Regards,

David

Edit : maybe is it the "new mouse control mode" ? Great !

Edited once, last by sagedavid (April 9, 2009 at 11:25 AM).

• I'm playing around again with the tweens... and the tween to $var doesn't seem to be working.

here's the action code:

Code
    <action name="test">
      set($vara,90);
      trace($vara);
      tween(hotspot[sphere1].ath,$vara);
    </action>

The action is called from the onclick for hotspot sphere1.

The debug box correctly shows 90 from the trace function... but the hotspot always tweens back to 0

Here's what I'm using in Firefox...
    INFO: krpano 1.0.8 beta 7 (build 2009-04-08)
    INFO: Flashplayer WIN 10,0,22,87 PlugIn

• Dear Klaus!
    I switched from fpp to krpano and i am really enthusiastic over its possibilities.
    Now - considering all the features of your tool - a conceptional question comes to me:
    It seems to be possible to code complex tours now with the only use of your xml-interface. No need to have actionscript in mind (for many tour-programmings)?
    What is the borderline - any experience or advices when to leave single xml-scripting for adding actionscript and what to leave inside xml?

For me scripting is what i got with fpp (OK, it´s a little bit more...) but, Klaus, what You´ve done for us with krpano is MUCH more:
    Having tools like user defined variables, conditional actions ("if...") and all other features krpano is in between scripting and programming. And more and more it grows to a complete set of programming commands that could superfluous the need of as3 for this particular case of assembling panos to a perfect tour...
    On the other hand there are some things missing to reach out for this:
    Beside conditions one would for instance need loops too (eg. "for-next" ...) and may be some other basics more.
    Do you have plans for this direction of development in future?

• Hi Klaus!

I re-develop my personal portfolio site to be based on krpano player. Found some bugs in 1.0.8 beta 7

1. When I load huge amount of data into player, sometimes I get error (in Mozilla, Safari and Chrome, but no in IE)

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. at kflashpano::Kloader/loader_complete()

2. Function showtext(). I escape-coded all special characters to hex code, double-checked XML and see %2C instead of "," but got error "bla-bla-bla textstyle is not found" on phrases after %2C

• Hi,

The possibility to embed krpano.swf in another Flash or Flex application isn't plan for 1.0.8 ?

This is difficult to program ?

this is planed for the 1.0.9 release, it's not difficult not needs some other things done first,
    (pano area, clipping, plugin alignments, mouse/keyboard control, ...)

I'm playing around again with the tweens... and the tween to $var doesn't seem to be working.

<action name="test">
    set($vara,90);
    trace($vara);
    </action>

the "$" is the special flag for the tween() action to identify a variable,
    so the "$" should be used only there
    e.g.

Code
    set(vara,90);
    trace(vara);
  • It seems to be possible to code complex tours now with the only use of your xml-interface. No need to have actionscript in mind (for many tour-programmings)?
    What is the borderline - any experience or advices when to leave single xml-scripting for adding actionscript and what to leave inside xml?

Hi,

the "borderline" - hmm, difficult to say, this really depends on the needs,

my aim is that everything what is needed for a tour should be possible to do with the xml
    and maybe some additional basic plugins (textfield, soundinterface, ...)

for complex or specially performance related things, where a lot of elements needed to be
    controlled AS3 would be still the better way,

For me scripting is what i got with fpp (OK, it´s a little bit more...) but, Klaus, what You´ve done for us with krpano is MUCH more:
    Having tools like user defined variables, conditional actions ("if...") and all other features krpano is in between scripting and programming. And more and more it grows to a complete set of programming commands that could superfluous the need of as3 for this particular case of assembling panos to a perfect tour...
    On the other hand there are some things missing to reach out for this:
    Beside conditions one would for instance need loops too (eg. "for-next" ...) and may be some other basics more.
    Do you have plans for this direction of development in future?

yes, that's planned
    I have already played with a "for", but I'm not sure about the best syntax and the best way
    to use it at the moment,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

re-develop my personal portfolio site to be based on krpano player. Found some bugs in 1.0.8 beta 7

1. When I load huge amount of data into player, sometimes I get error (in Mozilla, Safari and Chrome, but no in IE)

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference. at kflashpano::Kloader/loader_complete()

that's interesting! what is a "huge amount of data" ?
    do you dynamically adding and removing plugins or hotspots?
    can you show the example where this happens?

2. Function showtext(). I escape-coded all special characters to hex code, double-checked XML and see , instead of "," but got error "bla-bla-bla textstyle is not found" on phrases after ,

how and where do you call showtext?
    sometimes it could be necessary to use %% characters instead of one %,
    e.g. in <action>:

Code
    set(plugin[..].onhover, showtext(test %%2C test) );

this is because in a action the % character is used for the "parameters"

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi -
    ..sounds good; i am looking forward very optimistic to the ongoing development!
    For the moment i have to speed up my learning courve...

btw: the new "copy(...)"-command confused me a little bit -
    inside an action:

Code
    set(plugin[pFocus].x,plugin[%1].x)

did not work, but

Code
    copy(plugin[pFocus].x,plugin[%1].x)

did!
    what is teh difference?

• OK, i understand;

is it the same with "showtext()"?
    ... this evening i tried to have dynamically changing textlines inserted (always the same position).
    Want to have all textlines easy editable for future use and "included" a unique scTitles.xml with data tags:

Code
    <data name="scTitel_01">
    	Das ist das erste Panorama
    </data>     	

<data name="scTitel_02">
    	Das ist schon das nächste...
    </data>

but
    using

Code
    showtext(data[scTitel_01].content, textstyle) or

showtext(get(data[scTitel_01].content), textstyle)

does not work!
    Is this argument of showtext() also left for parsing or what is wrong in my code?

• yes, the same here, this is currently not parsed,

I still need to design a general interface for getting variables for the usage in other functions
    maybe via get() or maybe a little bit different...
    and maybe already in the next release

at the moment you can only dynamically change the whole onhover content,
    e.g.

Code
    set(hotpot[spot1].onhover, showtext(......) );

or:

Code
    copy(hotpot[spot1].onhover, data[scTitel_01].content);

good night!
    Klaus

• that's interesting! what is a "huge amount of data" ?
    do you dynamically adding and removing plugins or hotspots?
    can you show the example where this happens?

This error appear not always. Probably at first run in mozilla-based browsers.
    page: http://www.360pano.eu/all
    main XML: http://www.360pano.eu/all/show
    thumbs XML: http://www.360pano.eu/all/thumbs

how and where do you call showtext?

page: http://www.360pano.eu/all/index1
    main XML: http://www.360pano.eu/all/show1
    it not work with %% too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!