krpano 1.0.8.15 (Updated)

• Chantal-
    I tried the new tour on several browsers on my Android tablet:

BROWSER (the default browser that came with my tablet): works fine
    CHROME: does not work properly, black areas/missing tiles?
    DOLPHIN: works fine, perhaps loaded a little slower than the default browser
    OPERA: very slow to load, but eventually worked - sluggish
    FIREFOX: very slow to load, but eventually worked - very sluggish and locked up several times
    iPhone and iPad: works every time very nicely

• Hi,

actions overflow warning

are there limits? is about a pano with 93 distortted hotspots,
    the code add them recursivelly with no problem up to around 70 then.. this error...

Yes, there is currently a limit of 10000 actions per frame, to avoid blocking animations and user control, browser crashes or accidentally endless loops by code. As you already found it, using wait(0) or by using delayedcall(0,...) actions, it would be possible to break the code execution into several frames.

By desactivating the flash plugin it seems that I am obtaining the same result on Windows 7 screen as the example on Krpano with the same manip : I can see some of the cube faces, and by moving the mouse, the others are appearing, but disassembled.

In this case, your Firefox Browser is probably not using hardware acceleration.
    Check the 'about:support' url in Firefox and look there at the 'GPU Accerlated Windows' setting.
    e.g.
    http://blog.mozilla.org/joe/2010/11/10…e-acceleration/

If it's not enabled try manually updating your Graphic Card drivers.

is it working on Android with a firefox browser?

Firefox on Android is officially not directly supported, the CSS 3D there is still too slow.
    Please see the list here for supported systems and browsers and what issues might be possible:
    https://krpano.com/docu/html5/#supportedsystems

I have the titles running for both thumbnails and hotspots but not on the map..

Have you set the have lat/lng settings at the <scene> elements?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello Back everybody
    I did the changes on firefox also updated my graphic card and it's working when desactivating flash. It's also working on my laptop, which is new, without updating or changing any settings.
    Thanks a lot
    Chantal

• Yesterday the firewall of my hosting company blocked my dynamic IP connection (too many connections). I could not get to my control panel page neither my FTP. I managed to get to my control panel by using an IP hiding software, but still could not get to Filezilla. Of course, no support on WE and friday evening!
    I found the manip by accessing to my Orange Livebox control panel and resetting it. It gave me a new dynamic IP.
    Chantal

• Hi,

when saving the edited xml code it would be nice if the toureditor looked in the calling folder first. If I am working on a couple of projects it wants to overwrite the xml in the location it last saved to.

That's unfortunately a limitation of the Flashplayer - the 'file saving interface' of it, only allows to specify a default name but no folder. See here:
    http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/index.html#!flash/net/FileReference.html#save%28%29

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus

Great work :D

Where are we with support for 360 videos in the HTML5-version of KRpano?
    I know it is possible to achieve with WebGL and HTML5, but have not seen any mention on this topic here.

Again, great work!

• Hi,

i find a problem setting my logkey false.

- ipad 3
    - all xml checked
    - logkey="false" showerrors="false"
    - cache cleared

no errors, but i can get the logkey visible by wipping the rightbottom corner..

http://www.virtualtuur.com/vosbergen

on IPAD

*confused*

Tuur *thumbsup*

• Hi,

Where are we with support for 360 videos in the HTML5-version of KRpano?

They should come with the next bigger krpano release - either with version 1.0.8.16 or version 1.0.9, but for WebGL only of course.

i find a problem setting my logkey false.

That's correct at the moment, the new touch log opening mode is not longer a blocking element and therefore this setting hasn't any effect there at the moment.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

there is new update for the version 1.0.8.15 - build 2012-10-05:

This is mostly a bug-fix release for 1.0.8.15, but contains also some small additions.
    Some news are:

• Support for the HTML5 Fullscreen API.
    • A new device object for dynamically checking the properties of the current device. It's the dynamic/scripting equivalent to the xml devices attribute. Additionally there are new devices settings - fullscreensupport, ipod, windows, mac, linux.
    • A totally new mouse-wheel management that fixes several cross-system/cross-browser mouse-wheel problems.
    • Since Flashplayer version 11.3 the Fullscreen Mode can't be changed anymore from the right-click context-menu. Therefore the fullscreen-item in the context-menu is disabled by default now.
    • Automatic urlbar hiding support for iPhone 5. And quicker urlbar hiding after loading and device rotations.
    • Automatic workarounds for the iOS 6.0 renderings problems on iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4.gen.
    • A dynamic file management that will be used when building the pano tiles. It avoids opening too much files at once - very important for Mac where only 256 files can be opened at the same time by default.
    • Support for the 'EXIF GPS Image Direction' tag - will be directly set to the 'heading' setting.
    • Bing Maps Plugin - better mouse-wheel zooming control, no too far zooming, no invisible map parts.
    • Editor and Virtual Tour Editor Plugin - XML editor with scrollbars and better Mac support. Hide default XML settings in the Editor plugin when dynamically generating the xml code.
    • Skin: More vtourskin settings for easily adjusting the default skin - bingmaps_zoombuttons, thumbsopend, tooltips_thumbs, tooltips_hotspots, tooltips_mapspots, controlbar_offset.

For all details and changes, please see the full release notes here:
    https://krpano.com/news/#releasenotes10815-2012-10-05

Best regards,
    Klaus

• What is the easiest and quickest way to update to this from the previous 1.0.8.15 release? I find the updates pretty painful with regards to loss of personal settings and custom templates, the paths change, things stop working. I'd love a better update process. In terms of manual updates, are there a handful of files that can be copied in order to get the latest functionality (like the full screen HTML5 support) without touching my config settings?

Thanks.

• Hi,

What is the easiest and quickest way to update to this from the previous 1.0.8.15 release?

There are two cases:

1. Updating an existing projects / panos / tours:
      Here just replace (update) the viewer files (swfkrpano.js, krpano.swf, krpanoiphone.js and swf/js plugins ) with the latest version. When using swf/js viewer files with 'embedded licenses', use the krpano Update Tool to update them.
    2. Updating the tools:
      The new viewer and tools versions should be always downward compatible (as far as possible - and if there are compatible-problems - just let me know ;-)), so using old config files, old templates or old custom droplets should be still possible. In this case, just replace the tools executables itself (the .exe files on Windows and the 'command-line' files on Mac).

how can i blend out the thumbs after a few second automatically? ...something with delayedcall?

e.g. add that code anywhere in the xml:

Code
    <events name="closethumbs" keep="true"
            onnewpano="delayedcall(2, skin_showthumbs(false)); set(events[closethumbs].onnewpano,null); set(events[closethumbs].keep,false);"
            />

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi, I have a problem with flyout images in scenes wich are not loading all the time on iphone and ipad (works perfect on desktop), if I go to ext scene and come back to the first one the flyout images are loaded ok...
    I tried back with 1.8.14 version and all was working fine even if images could be a bit long to load, but I need to use the new container tag for scrolling thumbnails so I have to use 1.8.15...

It looks there is a timeout or memory limit so if a hotspot is too long to load then it stops loading ???

If you want to have a look it here :

here is the tour (iphone/ipad version) : http://www.360images.fr/haras/mobile.html
    clic on this hotspot :

there should be 2 flyout hotspot images on each scene

it works perfect on desktop version:

http://www.360images.fr/harasindex.html

thanx for looking

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!