(Solved) HTML5 - Sound Google Chrome Desktop OSX

• Hi,

normally it should...
    ...but just to be sure I have just turned on my Mac (OSX 10.7.5) and tested these two links in Chrome (30.1599.101) there:

the background sound example with Flash:
    https://krpano.com/examples/116/e…tml?html5=never

and with HTML5:
    https://krpano.com/examples/116/e…ml?html5=prefer

...and the sound was working fine in both cases.

Why do you ask?
    Doesn't it work in your case?

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello!

Thank you very much for your reply.

On the start scene on this VT I do not get any sound with Google Version 30.0.1599.101.

The online code (i have added several soundformats on the start scene) i use is exactly the same as in this thread or pasted below:

What surprises me is that it works superb everywhere else (tablets, mobile, android, win, everywhere) - even in the same browser when flash is used (HTML5 - auto instead of prefer).

I have checked everything thoroughly keeping in mind my skills with variables... and yes the online example works perfect with the same version in Google Chrome/ HTML5 however the one in the examplefolder i cant make work - i have tried it several times. I hope i have not done a silly mistake...

Unfortunately I have protected the files online - news release tomorrow but if needed i can arrange that.

Best greetings and thanks for a truly magnificent software.

<krpano>

<plugin name="soundinterface"
    url="%SWFPATH%/plugins/soundinterface.swf"
    alturl="%SWFPATH%/plugins/soundinterface.js"
    rootpath="%SWFPATH%/bgsound"
    preload="true" keep="true"
    />
    <events name="currentpano" keep="true" onnewpano="playsound(bgsnd, 'elefantmix.mp3|elefantmix.ogg|elefantmix.mp4|elefantmix.wav', 1); set(events[currentpano].onnewpano,null); tween(soundinterface.volume,0.35,1.0);" />
    <events onremovepano=" tween(soundinterface.volume,0,2.0); " />

</krpano>

Best regards - Stefan

• Godmorning,

Here is a noncrypted link. I tried remove the tween/sound without any change. The sound arrives slowly due to a dissolve in the sound file, it take a sec or two before it starting.

Only If there is time:

I have added a button (in the same tour) for changing between architectural/ normal view but i have to double-click on the button.
    I guess i have to reset the plugin. Is that the correct way to think?

Best regards - Stefan

• Hi Klaus,

Did you find any issue in the VT? Thanks.
    Hi there!

Have anyone experienced the same problem than me?
    Perhaps someone could try with Chrome OSX and confirm/ not confirm.

Any help appreciated.

Thanxs

Best regards - Stefan

Edited once, last by Stefan.L (November 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM).

• Hi,

it seems the problem is related to the mp3 file itself - Chrome can't play it for some reason.

You can see that problem also when trying to play the mp3 directly in Chrome (just open the link below in Chrome):
    http://tours.viewit360.se/soundtest/bgsound/elefantmix.mp3

Here two screen-shots from the Chrome developer console - both are showing problems with the mp3 file:

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Ohlala THAT i did not doublecheck...

I would never thought about that - can't believe that i have done something wrong there when it works everywhere else.

Fantastic that you found that out - thank you!

Best regards - Stefan

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!