Can the viewer be embedded in a metro app and run locally?

• Hello Everyone,

I posted a question here about embedding the viewer in a Windows 8 metro-style app, so I apologize for re-posting, but now I’m wondering whether I asked the correct question. I suppose my first question should be: is it possible to run a krpano virtual tour locally from within the app at all? This machine will not have an Internet connection.

Cheers,
    Leah

• Thanks for your reply, Klaus. The browser engine used by Metro apps is even more restrictive than the stand-alone Internet Explorer. For one thing, it will not run flash or activeX controls, so the viewer must use the html5 version of the virtual tour. BUT, as others have noted, Internet Explorer doesn’t allow html5 to access xml files locally, so it’s not likely that webview would allow it either. Can you think of a work-around at all?

• Hi,

are you sure that there are no app-settings, via some manifest file or so, that would allow local file access?

Workarounds INSIDE the viewer itself for browser-security limitations aren't possible of course.

A technical workaround might be using an embedded app-internal localhost server.
    Or when only loading xml files is not possible, load the xml files via custom code and pass them as string via the loadxml() action.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!