HTML5 output from 1.17 normal droplets not displaying correctly

• I have just remade a single resolution pano using the MAKE PANO (NORMAL) droplet in 1.17. Viewing the HTML5 output in Safari 5.1.7 running under OSX 10.7.5 on a MacBook I am seeing only the top and bottom faces - the rest is just black. All is OK if I make the same pano using 1.16.9.

The same applies if I use the MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL) droplet. The output displays correctly when made using 1.16.9 but shows only top and bottom faces when made with 1.17.

Output made with the 1.17 multiresolution droplets displays correctly, however.

Is there a problem with 1.17, or am I doing something wrong, please?

Regards

Andrew

• Hi,

I have noticed that problem too in the meantime and already fixed it for the next release.

The problem itself is that older Safari 5.x versions can't display CSS3D images larger than ~2000px correctly.

The older krpano versions had an internal automatic special workaround for these old Safari browsers - when the image size was larger than the ~2000px, then the viewer was automatically down-scaling the images for correct display.

The new html5 multiresolution rendering engine in the current 1.17 pre-release version doesn't have this workaround yet, but it will be added in the next release.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!