Removing bottom control bar

• Hi there,
    I'm creating some multi pano tours and I'd like to remove the control bar at bottom. Or at least be able to heavily modify/edit it. I've been scrubbing through the tour.xml file and the vtourskin.xml file but I can't find anything that's making sense. I found the controlbar_offset setting which moves the bar up and down, and the thumbs_opened setting which makes the thumb panel open or not when the tour loads. But that's about as far as I've found.

I don't mind the titles of the tour combined with the individual pano scenes. That I can keep. Considering there is a button to totally hide the bar I can only imagine there must be a way to easily hide this with a true/false sort of statement someplace.

thanks in advance.

• there is action onclick that is hiding it. You can call it onloaded:
    <layer name="skin_btn_hide" style="skin_base|skin_glow" crop="0|448|64|64" align="right" x="50" y="0" scale="0.5" onclick="skin_hideskin()" onloaded="skin_hideskin()" />

But this will not remove it. You can also not include it:
    <!-- <include url="skin/vtourskin.xml" /> -->

or...

• thank you for your reply. So you're saying there is no way to just totally remove the control bar or thumb bar? What about removing the buttons on the bar....the left/right up/down arrows, the +/- zoom....the four little square box thing that opens the thumbs back up. All that must be called out down in the bottom of the vtourskin.xml file. However I see what appears to be code for mobile devices etc....that's why I was hoping for some global control over all of these items someplace.

Honestly my reason for wanting to remove them is, well, I think they're rather unnecessary, potentially confusing, and unsightly. I have hotspot arrows in my tour that you can use to navigate through. So all the gack at the bottom is redundant. To me it seems like something other users would want to have easier control over which is why I'm surprised I don't find more answers in the forum threads.

thanks again for any additional help

• Hi,

the skin can be fully customized and modified in any way of course, but for doing this some krpano xml knowledge is definitely required. The vtourskin.xml is a bit complex because it contains a lot of functionality, for learning the xml it is probably the wrong start.

Or remove the vtourskin.xml completely (already the include from the tour.xml) and start over with creating your own skin step by step.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi thanks, I managed to find the lines in the XML needed to remove the thum bars at the bottom. I didn't want to just delete them, rather just hide them with a <!----> in case I wanted to turn them back on later.

• Mike
    Simply comment out the link in the xml:

<krpano version="1.16">

<include url="skin/defaultskin.xml" /> Here the buttons etc are visible

<krpano version="1.16">

<!--include url="skin/defaultskin.xml" /--> And here they are not - and its easy to put them back when you need them.
    JL

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!