can't make swf pano with large cube faces

• Hi,

I have a pano which I converted to 6 faces in the size of 16464X16464 px
    I can't seem to be able to make them into a single SWF in the same resolution.

I have tried using the multires and after all the tiles were created krpano crushed (when starting to make the SWF itself)

I have tried using the single res SWF and I can't get the cubefaces higher than 4000 px

I don't know if it's something wrong in my config or what, I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Shai

• Hi,

16464x16464 is much too large for single images!

Here a quick calculation - 6 images with 16464 x 16464px where every 1px needs at least 4 byte:
    6 x 16464 x 16464 x 4 = 6505519104 byte
    => 6204 MB
    => ~6 GB!

That means the Browser or the Flashplayer would need (at least!) 6 GB of free RAM just for the image alone!
    Additional - the Browsers or the Flashplayer are
    typically 32bit applications and can allocate only 2 GB at maximum.

That means for such large images multi-resolution need to be used!

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thank you for your response!

I thought so, but the multires keeps crushing when I try to make the SWF file. I didn't find the droplet and config for it and I made my own so maybe I have an error?
    What is the format of the config file that I should use?

I don't necessarily need the full resolution, 6000 px for a cubeface would be nice enough for what I need.

Shai

• Hi,

try creating the swf with the krpano Protect Tool, this way it might work, but technically it would be still wrong...
    The advantages from multires (dynamic and random-access loading and unloading) would be gone when embedding the tiles into the swf.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!