iphone offline app

• Hi,

I get this app for my ipad. Then upload the PC version, then you can communicate between mobile devices and your pc (you need the latest itunes version, even if you don't use it directly to manage this app!). However since i upgraded my ipad to iOs 7 there's a longer latency to display the virtual tour than needed before, i'm actually checking what's going on.

Hope this help.

Steph.

Steph

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von esys (30. Januar 2014 um 11:49)

• Hi,

there should no big difference between offline and online usage, but it might be the case that the offline app itself is using also some memory by itself, so that there is fewer left for the browser webview.

Regarding iOS 7 please note that iOS7 itself is pretty unstable. Some crashes in iOS7 are unfortunately normal, many normal web pages or PDF files are also often crashing. Here Apple itself would need to provide a fixed stable version. E.g. - compared to iOS7 getting a crash in iOS 6 should be almost impossible.

The default memory limit for the tile images in krpano for iOS is already pretty low - just 40MB - see here:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#memory

And if you want you can reduce the memory need even more (e.g. by <memory maxmem="26" devices="iOS7" />) and eventually also reduce the multiresthreshold setting to reduce the requested resolution.

Also keep an eye on your custom images in/on the pano or the website - e.g. to calculate the memory need of your images in MB do: width x height x 4 / 1024 / 1024. Try to use as few memory as possible.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

I have created several panoramas with krpano and I am developing a simple mobile app (iOS + Android) which shows them.

The app works fine if I access the krpano files online from my server, but I cannot make the app work when I include the files as app resources and try to access them locally. The errors I find are the following:

- iOS app: black screen.
    - Android app: black screen and an error message: “FATAL ERROR: my_pano.xml - loading failed (network error: a network error occurred).

I have made lots of tests; I have even created a simple html + javascript resource (an empty page with a pushbutton) and it loads locally in my app without any problem. So it seems that my app can load local javascript files; only krpano files fail to load.

What can be preventing krpano files to load locally?

Thanks in advance.

Cesar

• Hi,

I have even created a simple html + javascript resource (an empty page with a pushbutton) and it loads locally in my app without any problem.

Have you also tested XMLHttpRequest for loading xml files?
    And loading images and drawing them into canvas?

What can be preventing krpano files to load locally?

Browser restrictions related to local content.

It might be necessary to adjust some kind of webview security settings...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus, thank you for your answer.

I have found a workaround for the problem: just copying all the contents of "my_pano.js" into "my_pano.html" everything works perfectly. It seems that my problem is locating the javascript resource file in the application bundle.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!