New folder structure for the tiles

• Hello!

I've been playing around with the new 1.17pr2 and I have a couple of questions regarding the tiles.

When I use the droplet 'MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet.bat' it creates the tiles following a certain folder structure.
    Rather than put all the tiles only in one directory, as they used to be, they're divided in folders (b,d,f,l,r and u).
    I was wondering, is there any advantage in doing it like this? *smile*

Secondly, there are no tiles for tablets. I presume because they're not needed it anymore using the version 1.17. Correct?

I love the new way the Krpano -viewer and the Krpano-tools have been packaged all together. Very neat.

Thanks!

Rafael

• Hi,

the tile folder structure can be customized in the config file by the tilepath setting:
    https://krpano.com/tools/kmakemultires/config/#tilepath

The multires config uses more folders to reduce the number of files inside one folder - this can be better for faster loading on very large panos.

The default size of the <mobile> images was increased from 512px to 1024px, so the also 1024px sized <tablet> images were not necessary anymore (but could be added anytime again in the config files).

Btw - that change is not new to 1.17, that was already in 1.16 .

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!