Detecting end of scrolling in scrollarea plugin

• I have a scrollarea which scrolls a floor plan with three floors shown in a vertical strip, one above the other, with the scrollarea set to vertical scrolling only.

I am trying to detect when the user has finished interacting with the scroll area so that I can make the area snap to one of three predetermined positions so that the chosen floor scrolls to fits exactly in the window.

While I have no problem with the code to detect the top and bottom overflows of the scroll area and to calculate the required parameters for a subsequent call to scrolltocenter(x,y) to achieve this I am having problems detecting when the user has released his mouse button or taken his finger off his touch screen when he has finished scrolling the floorplan. I have tried catching the onmouseup event, but while that seems to work in Flash it doesn't seem to be returned in HTML5.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, please.

Regards

Andrew

• Does anyone have any ideas on this, please? I just need to know when the user either releases his mouse or takes his finger off the screen when he or she has finished interacting with a scroll area. The plugin itself obviously knows, because it 'springs back' if the user has scrolled beyond the scroll area's bounds.

Regards

Andrew

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!