Standalone Player Not Playing on Client's Machine

• Hi,

I'm having a problem with a tour I created for a client. They have an important meeting early next week and they wanted to take their tour along on a laptop. So I created a stand alone app for them. I've actually done this in the past for the same client with no problems. But this is a different computer.

System: Windows 7 Enterprise
    Tour: A large tour with a customized interface, tiles are external, everything else (all UI elements) are embedded.
    Krpano version: 1.16.7
    Situation: Only the Loading spinner appears on a black background. And although the tour is set to go full screen it does not. No UI elements are displayed other than the spinner. So that rules out something as simple as the tiles not being in the right place since when I remove them I at least get the UI elements.
    Shocker: The client is competent and reasonably technical, and has tried everything I have asked her to do step by step and without question. She has answered all my questions intelligently and completely. In other words: THE KIND OF CUSTOMER YOU WANT TO TAKE CARE OF!

I have tried:

1. Downloaded the tour and unzipped it myself to make sure there was nothing lost in transfer.
    2. Tested above on Windows 7, Vista and 8 with no problems
    3. Sent them a fresh copy in a clean zip file
    4. Upgraded flash player on their machine (I don't believe the standalone needs this, but I thought there could be some kind of odd conflict)
    5. Created 5 different variants of the tour including using a prior version of Krpano Protect and the matching version of Krpano (1.0.8.14) and unsetting options such as "Start in fullscreen" and "Hide Menubar", none of which worked.
    6. Created a standalone tour from an unrelated single node Krpano VR image to see if it was something in the complexity of their tour. Didn't work.
    7. Created 2 simple projector files from default templates in Flash CS6. Both of these work!

The tour works on this machine via the client's Intranet. But that won't be an option during the meeting. I'm going there this afternoon to take a closer look and my last fallback is to give them an HTML and SWF file to load locally in their browser.

Does anyone have any ideas of settings that I can check on the machine or any ideas for debugging this?

Thanks in Advance! Especially if you've read this far.

• So as it turns out, there must have been some sort of security policy on the "documents" directory disallowing unknown apps from reading files. Really did not expect that, since it was not even loading the UI components that were embedded. But when I ran it from my thumb drive it worked perfectly. Then we moved the working copy to the documents folder, and it stopped working. Copying the whole tour to the root of the C: drive fixed the issue. Very strange. Hope it helps someone in the future.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!