Offline Tour stability using file apps

• Hi,

I'm having problems running tours offline (stable) with the iPad Air.

The three apps I have on my iPad Air are GoodReader, Documents 5, & Offline Pages Pro. The first two display virtual tours but I have problems with some of the image tiles being blank (just show a black square) plus it crashes to desktop on many occasions. All mobile tiles are the default size from MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL) droplet. Even at that size the 360's don't look that clear on the Air. I feel as though it needs to be loading the 2048 to display super sharp but that's an instant crash *whistling*

Code
    # generate smaller mobile images
    customimage[mobile].size=1024
    customimage[mobile].path=%INPUTPATH%/vtour/panos/%BASENAME%.tiles/m_%s.jpg
    customimage[mobile].imagesettings=jpegquality=85 jpegsubsamp=444 jpegoptimize=true
    customimage[mobile].xml=<mobile>[NL][TAB]<cube url="[PATH]" />[NL]</mobile>

Offline Pages Pro was a waste of $10 as it isn't suitable at all for downloading this type of media.

Has anyone had any 'stable' success with offline tours? Perhaps you made changes to the tile size.

The tours work fine online in Flash & Html5 but I need to save & display them locally as many clients have low quality monitors in offices.

Many thanks,

Andrew

• Hi,

but I have problems with some of the image tiles being blank (just show a black square)

These 'black tiles' are an iOS 7 bug, but the next krpano release will contain a workaround for it.

Even at that size the 360's don't look that clear on the Air. I feel as though it needs to be loading the 2048 to display super sharp but that's an instant crash

Single 2048px images are way too large for iOS - try using the latest krpano versions and multiresolution.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks Klaus,

Glad to hear it's a bug and that there will be a workaround. I was thinking it was the offline viewing causing the problem and didn't know where to start.

I've not yet ventured into the world of multiresolution 360's but it certainly seems like a solution for the sharpness as these small screens get better and better. I'll start reading up on it and then give it a go.

Cheers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!