Linux Krpanotools not working with glib 2.5?

• I just tried running krpanotools server side on a 64bit linux installation and I was given the following errors:

Code
    /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by krpanotools)/lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by krpanotools)/lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by krpanotools)

Anyone know why this is?
    according to an RPM this is what is installed:

Code
    Development/Libraries glibc-devel-2.5
    Development/Libraries glibc-devel-2.5System Environment/Base glibc-common-2.5

Any help would be appreciated

• I just read the notes. It appears it requires glibc 2.15 or better.
    Klaus, is there anyway that this can be compiled to work with a lower version of glibc? I am running 2.5.
    I just spoke with my VPS provider and they won't upgrade it.
    Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

• Thanks for the Response Klaus,
    I understand that this is probably a low priority. I have moved back to the older version of krpanotools. The individual binaries work great for what I need (ktransform and kmakepreview).

Perhaps you could help me with this: I still need a Thumbnail for the pano. I was using the new set of tools to do the spherical-cube, preview and thumbnail. Is there a linux binary that creates the thumbnail? or perhaps there is an easier way?

Thanks again for your help Klaus, Your truly a great developer.

• Hi Klaus,
    Wow that was fast! Yes it seems to work. I have tested the makepano function with a config file which does spherical2cube multires previews and thumbs. I generate my xml dynamically so I haven't tested it, same with the html template. both of those are done by a drupal module.

Again Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. Much appreciated.

Cheers
    Chris

• Hi,

the registration step and the and using itself need to be done wit the same user and the same $HOME folder (when calling krpano from server-side scripts this isn't necessarily the case).

Best regards,
    Klaus

Thanks Klaus but your answer is a little unclear. Is there a solution to this problem?

• Hi,

the solution should be doing the registration step in the same context as when using the tools (e.g. in the same script).

E.g. when calling the krpanotools from some server-side script, then this script is typically executed in a different user-context as when normally logged-in.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

the solution should be doing the registration step in the same context as when using the tools (e.g. in the same script).

E.g. when calling the krpanotools from some server-side script, then this script is typically executed in a different user-context as when normally logged-in.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Hi Klaus
    I think I'm in a situation like this.
    I'm trying to call krpanotools in the server side using ssh and I get watermark on the generated images.
    This is happening with the newest version of krpanotools since the older license system with krpanotools.license is not working anymore.
    Can you please explain me how to solve this?

thanks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!