Wich image level will choose Krpano

• Y develop and app virtual tour on a HP Slate 21 (screen 21 inches, size 1920X1080, Android 4;2.2 or 4.3) and i want to have as few images as possible in my app.
    Wich image level will choose Krapno to display ? tablet, 512x512, 1024x1024, does it depends upon tablet or no tablet, or screen size ?
    Thanks

• fov and stagewidth yields the resolution used. If you zoom in so you can see the pixels just use multi-res default.
    Displays these days are getting better and better. Stop using tiles and stick to multi-res so your virtual tour will not look ugly and pixelated in the future or now on good monitors.

• Hi,

when a multires image is available, then krpano will choose that.

Without multires, the viewer will first look first for a <tablet> image, then for a <mobile> image and then for the normal desktop images on mobile/tablet devices.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• I have the same question and I think I am not understanding the answer. Can I get clarification on this: If I have several images in varying sizes set up for multi-res, will krpano select the proper image based on viewer size (is that stage?) or screen resolution/size?

maybe I didn't have it coded right, but when I tried this krpano always displayed the largest image.

thanks,
    brendan

• Think I answered my own question - or at least found a solution. I have set(lockmultireslevel,0) to force display of the small image when windowed. This works and I can switch to hi-res image in fullscreen. Still interested to hear any other/better solutions.

thanks,
    brendan

• Hi,

will krpano select the proper image based on viewer size (is that stage?) or screen resolution/size?

krpano will select the best level dynamically based on the current window/area size and on the current zoom/fov. At wide fov zooms that selection will be additionally non-linear because at wide field of views the distortion around the screen will be also non linear.

A way to control/adjust the threshold/bias of that level selecting is the multiresthreshold setting:

On mobile devices additionally also the memory settings are important - when the currently selected best level doesn't fit into the available memory, the krpano viewer will select automatically lower-res levels until they will fit into that memory.

Maybe have also a look at this example to get an idea about how multires will wok:
    https://krpano.com/petapixel/

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!