Help: Re-assembling FULL panorama from tiles

• Hi there, we have lost some of our original panoramas and need to generate them from tiles.
    I have followed the information in threads:

..and got the kmaketiles command working, but it only seems to generate one image/portion of the panorama, per side; IE it gives me one image for each of:
    f/b/u/d/l/r (I think these are cube-sides?)

so for my level 3 panorama, I have 36 tiles for each of those sides (totalling 216 tile jpges to rebuild from), and I run the commands:

Code
    ..\kmaketiles l3_f_%0v_%0h.jpg retiled-f.tif 0 -insize=3799x3799 -intilesize=691 -inindexbase=1
    ..\kmaketiles l3_b_%0v_%0h.jpg retiled-b.tif 0 -insize=3799x3799 -intilesize=691 -inindexbase=1
    ..\kmaketiles l3_u_%0v_%0h.jpg retiled-u.tif 0 -insize=3799x3799 -intilesize=691 -inindexbase=1
    ..\kmaketiles l3_d_%0v_%0h.jpg retiled-d.tif 0 -insize=3799x3799 -intilesize=691 -inindexbase=1
    ..\kmaketiles l3_l_%0v_%0h.jpg retiled-l.tif 0 -insize=3799x3799 -intilesize=691 -inindexbase=1
    ..\kmaketiles l3_r_%0v_%0h.jpg retiled-r.tif 0 -insize=3799x3799 -intilesize=691 -inindexbase=1

Which gives me back a 3799x3799 image for each of the sides (6 images).

BUT I want the whole panorama image back, not just the cube sides.

Can anyone point me in right direction how to rebuild the entire panorama from tiles like these?

Thanks!

• Hey thanks a lot Umalo!

Dropping the 6 resulting re-tiled tifs (CUBES) onto the convert CUBE to SPHERE droplet works a charm!

I just made a script to do it all in one go, from tiles to cubes to sphere.

Thanks so much this will save us a lot of time.

• I couldn't figure out how to get

This need to be adjusted for just about everything.
    Path. Tools version. Level. Tile naming convention which has changed pretty frequently. Result cubeface size and tilesize.
    I don't really know how to script dos stuff, but with php or something server side, most of the gaps could be filled in automatically.

Tile size is found by simply looking at the tile dimensions. insize is your number of tiles found + the remainder. Add the dimensions column in explorer to see whats going on. or right click properties.

• Code
    "c:\vtour\TOOLS\krpanotools64.exe" kmaketiles l3_f_%%0v%%0h.jpg "%~1"_f.tif 0 -insize=%~2x%~2 -intilesize=%~3 -inindexbase=1
    "c:\vtour\TOOLS\krpanotools64.exe" kmaketiles l3_r_%%0v%%0h.jpg "%~1"_r.tif 0 -insize=%~2x%~2 -intilesize=%~3 -inindexbase=1
    "c:\vtour\TOOLS\krpanotools64.exe" kmaketiles l3_b_%%0v%%0h.jpg "%~1"_b.tif 0 -insize=%~2x%~2 -intilesize=%~3 -inindexbase=1
    "c:\vtour\TOOLS\krpanotools64.exe" kmaketiles l3_l_%%0v%%0h.jpg "%~1"_l.tif 0 -insize=%~2x%~2 -intilesize=%~3 -inindexbase=1
    "c:\vtour\TOOLS\krpanotools64.exe" kmaketiles l3_u_%%0v%%0h.jpg "%~1"_u.tif 0 -insize=%~2x%~2 -intilesize=%~3 -inindexbase=1
    "c:\vtour\TOOLS\krpanotools64.exe" kmaketiles l3_d_%%0v%%0h.jpg "%~1"_d.tif 0 -insize=%~2x%~2 -intilesize=%~3 -inindexbase=1
    "c:\vtour\TOOLS\Convert CUBE to SPHERE droplet.bat" %~1_f.tif %~1_r.tif %~1_b.tif %~1_l.tif %~1_d.tif %~1_u.tif

Takes the two important arguments now. Tilesize and resultant cubeface. Both are easy to find by looking at a set of dimensions. Probably, Klaus will tell me I'm doing it all wrong and there's a magick switch somewhere that makes this all easy...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!