• Hi There,

I am currently having issues with firefox crashing on resize. I have tried many things and still no luck.

NOTE: On older firefox (I was on v25 at time of build) it was fine, then I started to get reports of failing - after some looking into it and updating to firefox 30 I could reproduce.

I am at my wits end with it and cant for the life of me work it out, the best thing I have done is downgreage the js to Version 1.16.9, it was all looking good, but after time ti would crash...

Currently running V1.17.4

Any advice?

I have tried <memory maxmem="120" devices="Desktop+HTML5" /> no luck
    I have removed the <autorotate /> no luck.

Example

• Hi,

when your Firefox browser is crashing, this is probably a WebGL Firefox/GPU/GPU-drivers problem - krpano itself should be not the reason!

Please try upgrading your GPU drivers or report the problem directly to Mozilla.

As workaround you could try preferring Flash or CSS3D, but as this is not a common problem, I wouldn't recommend that.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi, thanks for your response.

But when I changed the JS file to V1.16 it fixed the original issue, but presented another, I just cant leave my browser open on it for about 10 minutes with no interaction.

I have tested on 5 other computers and all are having the same reaction.
    All on mac.

I understand and agree that it is a direct result of the updated browser, but due to the fact it resolves the issue when I change it to use V1.16 makes me think that there is something that can be done with krpano to fix the issue?

Thanks for your help

• Hi,

is the pano a multires pano or a normal one?

Just as note - there was no HTML5 multires in 1.16, so the requirements on the GPU would be different!
    When comparing 1.16 and 1.17 please use normal, non multires pano for comparing, but in the end when the Firefox browser is crashing, the real reason is still in the browser and the system.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

Thanks for your response.

It is using the normal one, not the multires. I read on another post that 1.17 uses a different default <memory maxmem than 1.16. Can you please advise the value of 1.16? I will keep trying to get it working better myself as I cannot have it the way it is now - I have contacted FF but im not liking my luck in a response there...

Thank you for your help.

• Hi,

sorry, but there seems to be some misunderstanding about crashing browsers and the memory usage.

Several threads about these topics are about iOS - there the Safari browser will be closed ('crashed') when it uses too much memory and the bad memory management from iOS and Safari are also directly related to that problem.

BUT - that doesn't relate to desktop browsers like Firefox. When Firefox is crashing, then there is very probably a GPU related problem. Maybe try testing the same pano with using CSS3D instead of WebGL to check if it's a WebGL problem on your system. And as alternative using Flash by default would be also an option.

Here some links for testing:

HTML5 with WebGL:
    http://edgeinsights.urbanedgehomes.com.au/kato/?html5=prefer+webgl
    HTML5 with CSS3D:
    http://edgeinsights.urbanedgehomes.com.au/kato/?html5=prefer+css3d
    Flash:
    http://edgeinsights.urbanedgehomes.com.au/kato/?html5=fallback

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!