Android tablet that works with the krpano gyroscope plugin?

• I'm trying to find an android tablet (the larger the better) that will work with the gyroscope plugin for a project I'm working on. I've trawled through a few local electronics stores with no luck so I don't have very high hopes but has anyone come across such a device?

• Hi,

the next krpano version 1.18 will have good working gyro support for Android Chrome: the gyroscope data itself is still not usable in Android Chrome but as workaround it's possible to use the rotation acceleration and gravity acceleration data there to simulate the gyroscope behavior.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

That's really great news! It will be a major factor in deciding which tablets we invest in. Do you think the changes will bring the gyroscope function up to the same standard as iOs? Also is there an approximate time scale for when 1.18 will be released?

• Yes, it should be pretty similar to iOS, but the best Gyro support on Android should be available in Android Firefox - that browser provides the smoothest gyroscope data.

Version 1.18 is basically ready, but I'm still on preparing of the release and on bug- and bug-report checking.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!