[bug] duplicated distorded hotspots on firefox in html5

• Hello,
    I'm experiencing a bug on firefox, on all my distorded hotspot there is a copy of it on the exact opposite side of the pano. i'm using firefox 32.0.3 on ubuntu (but the bug appearing also on windows 7) in html5 and krpano 1.17.4.

is anyone have already encounter this bug ?

thanks by advance.

• Hi,

that's a known Firefox bug related to CSS3D rendering via 'software' - when the Firefox browser isn't able to use hardware acceleration (that can be independent of the WebGL support) then Firefox is rendering the CSS3D elements (like the hotspots) via its own software rendering algorithm instead of via the graphics hardware - and the problem here - these software rendering algorithms of Firefox are slow and buggy. Normally 3D elements that are clipping the 3D frustum shouldn't be drawn, but such clipping code seems to be buggy or missing in Firefox.

Modern systems with support for hardware acceleration in Firefox are not affected by that problem.

An easy workaround for that Firefox bug is not possible - it's not possible to detect how Firefox is rendering the CSS3D graphics and manually calculating and verifying the full 3D state of the CSS3D graphic requires additional code and work, which is currently not there.

For longer therm I'm working on WebGL rendering and manual mouse/touch handling for the hotspots, then this Firefox bug wouldn't matter anymore.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Ok thank you for the answer.

Indeed i tried to turn on the materiel acceleration and the problem disappeared ( even though on linux acceleration doesn't seems to work ). Now i'm just hopping to have minimal client with this configuration because i'm planning to use videos integration so it can be a bit annoying because the hotspot being duplicated make the video playing in double.

Anyway thanks for your time.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!