• Hi,

I've been scratching my head on how to do this, but basically I would like to have text show with an image hotspot all the time, and not just appear on an event like onup, ondown, onclick or onhover. So I have tried onloaded event but it does not work. Basically I would like to have some arrows with text that will baiscally point something out.

So I tried an image hotspot with showtext appear when it is loaded, like this...

<hotspot keep="false"
    name="hs_arrow"
    zorder="0" width="71" height="67"
    alpha="0.8"
    ath="324" atv="15"
    url="arrow.png" scale="0.5"
    onloaded="showtext(This is a building,tooltip);">
    </hotspot>

but it does not work... I've also tried making it a plugin.

I need to do lots of them with different text each time, so was hoping to do it this way rather than use the textfield plugin with a hotspot. I'm wondering if I have overlooked something ? I have checked the docs, but it seems the only way to add am image to panorama is via a hotspot.

Any advice, greatly appreciated :)

Best wishes,

tom

• Great, many thanks Graydon. One thing I noticed though is that the text would either follow the mouse or I would have to set the origin, which meant it was fixed to the screen and not the hotspot. Then I had a brainwave and that was to just write the text in the image using photoshop.

Next problem is fixing the hotspot to an area so that when you zoom the hotspot arrow does not move from its area. I think a distorted 3D hotspot could help here so I will check it out.

I once saw on a french virtual tour website, (wish I could remember which one it was, so i could post an example) an aerial panorama with really long hotspots that were fixed to the ground, where it was pointing to basically and at the top there was a box with text, and it just kind of floated in midair, it was really cool, and i'm currently experimenting how i can do this.

Anyway many thanks, yourself and Klaus + others, are sooo helpful, it really is appreciated :)

Best wishes,

tom

Edited once, last by tommo77funk (August 9, 2009 at 12:35 AM).

• Hi,

Next problem is fixing the hotspot to an area so that when you zoom the hotspot arrow does not move from its area. I think a distorted 3D hotspot could help here so I will check it out.

try changing the "edge" attribute, the default value is "center",
    and adjust the position even more with the ox/oy offset values,
    e.g.

Code
    <hotspot ... edge="bottomright" ox="0" oy="0" ... />

best regards,
    Klaus

• You've defined the showtext style as "tooltip"

as a possible workaround... could you define the showtime in that style to be really long?

The default time is only 0.1... so maybe it's working, but you just aren't seeing it?

hi, i'have the same problem. I would like to display fixed text under each hotspot and mapspot. What is it the fast way to get this result? i have many hotspots so...

is there an online pano example?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!