Strange behavior on droplet, Make vtour

• Hi Klaus, happy holidays to you and your family and thanks for making KrPano better and better. It's been a while since I've been on the forum as I've not been using much in the way of advanced features, just simple tour creation. Anyway here's my "error?"

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, KRPANO 1.18.2 - this also happen in .1

I got a set of files to drop on the Vtour droplet. The original names are like this

128-2P7A1620_v1 Panorama.tif

If I change the file name to

128.tif

The droplet will not process the files with the new files names. The drop let opens as if you had just double clicked on it.

I have no idea why is happening, it probably has nothing to do with KRPano, but something that has changed on my system in an update as I have done this numbered type of file name for years and never had an issue.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Robert

• sorry, no idea, I have tested your case and got no problem...

Hope you can help me. I am experiencing very strange issue. Yesterday in the middle of the day everything worked well.
    I prepared jpgs and used _standard_ droplet makevtour multires. But in the evening I've tried to do the same with new set of jpgs (other project)
    and this droplet does not work as expected. I select set of files and drag-n-drop them on droplet shortcut.
    It makes only part of panoramas as expected and then tries to do _other part_ as standalone tour and asks me "do you want to owerwite tour.xml"?
    If I agree - I have .xml contains only last few panoramas. If I decline - I have tour only with first ones.
    Often it does not catch all the filenames I dropped. For example I have 8 files and it makes tour only with 3 of them.
    It does not work now with the project I did today earlier. So this problem repeats.
    Probably it is something with my system and drag-n-drop function, but it is so strange - I really does not understand
    what to do and where to find some inforamtion about such issue.
    I use MacBook Air, Mac 10.10.2 and Krpano 1.18.2
    I've made screenshot -

This is result of dropping 8 .jpg files with equidistant projection.
    And this is the process

and the result (question about rewrite)

I have no idea why is it going that way. Hope you know, Klaus.

• I've tried everything. Sometimes this droplet opens two windows in time.
    For example I take 4 files - one file is in process in one window and three others - in another.
    After three are finished - (and one, of course is finished too in another window) window with three panoramas asks to rewrite .xml (it is logical).
    This problem is not exist with other drag-n-drop applications. Only with KRpano droplets.

UPD: I even made new user with clear system and tried to do it there. But no - this problem still exists.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von skeefo (3. Februar 2015 um 09:31)

• Hi,

I've never seen such, but it looks like a OSX problem with too long calls - regarding to your screenshots it seems the system is splitting the long call into several shorter ones...

Try using shorter file paths to make the calls shorter.

E.g. move all panos to a folder with a short path like just '/panos/' and then drop the images from there to the droplet.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,
    E.g. move all panos to a folder with a short path like just '/panos/' and then drop the images from there to the droplet.

I did it, but it does not help. :(

Is it possible to debug droplet's script? Or send files to droplet some other way?
    (d-n-d was very comfortable way :( )

• Hi,

sorry, but I have no idea how such could happen...

How do you drop the files on the droplets?

Btw - you could call the krpanotools also directly/manually from command line (terminal) of course. This way you could use also placeholders like '/panos/*.jpg' to use all .jpg files from a folder as input.

The droplets itself are very simple 'AppleScript' files and can be opened and edited anytime with the 'Applescript Editor' (but I'm not sure now it that editor is included directly in OSX or if you would need to install Xcode first...).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,
    Btw - you could call the krpanotools also directly/manually from command line (terminal) of course. This way you could use also placeholders like '/panos/*.jpg' to use all .jpg files from a folder as input.

Thank you, it works with placeholder.
    Probably I can use this way in the future. But it is so strange :(

• I hope it will help somebody in the same situation:

I've found the same issue. It is problem of mac os and finder, as I understood.
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6752565

And I've made modification of built in droplet which takes the folder as source. So - it works for me.

You need to change string
    set mycmd to myapppath & " makepano " & templatepath & " " & myfilelist
    to
    set mycmd to myapppath & " makepano " & templatepath & " " & myPath & "*.jpg"

in droplet script and then export it as a program in krpano folder.
    Probably it would be good to have such option "in box" - to put on droplet folder or set of files.

• Hi,

adding *.jpg doesn't generally solve the problem - this way all .jpg files in the given folder will be processed!

This could be desirable is some cases of course, but it could be also unwanted in other cases (e.g. when there are also other files or files with other file extensions - e.g. .tif).

The next krpano releases will contain an automatic workaround for this OSX bug.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!