Vtour Multires HELP with partial pans and stills (non pans)

• Have just recently purchased krpano license and slowly trying to figure everything out. I know html/css and starting to wrap head around xml *smile*

My goal at this point is to produce a tour with a few partial/flat pans and some still images (1000x664 for testing).

Selecting all (pans and stills) and generating the tour via Vtour Multires gets them all there but the stills are filling the browser and I'd like them limited to their native dimensions. I'm pretty sure this (https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#plugin.width )is what I need to add but so far haven't had any luck. If some kind soul could assist me with this endeavor I would be most grateful, and it would go a long way to helping me with making other changes (integrating elements and plugins).

Here's what VTour Multires generates for the stills:

Code
    <scene name="scene_140430-7773" title="140430-7773" onstart="" thumburl="panos/140430-7773.tiles/thumb.jpg" lat="" lng="" heading="">
    		<view hlookat="0" vlookat="0" fovtype="MFOV" fov="120" maxpixelzoom="2.0" fovmin="70" fovmax="140" limitview="auto" />
    		<preview url="panos/140430-7773.tiles/preview.jpg" />
    		<image type="CYLINDER" hfov="1.00" vfov="0.664000" voffset="0.00" multires="true" tilesize="512" progressive="true">			<level tiledimagewidth="1000" tiledimageheight="664">				<cylinder url="panos/140430-7773.tiles/l1/%v/l1_%v_%h.jpg" />			</level>		</image>
    		<!-- place your scene hotspots here -->
    	</scene>

I'm just working locally but could put something online if needed. I have other issues too of course but thought I would start here and post new threads as I go along.

Thanks very much in advance to anyone who can help and thanks Klaus for krpano *thumbup*

• Stills?
    These will be set in layers.

https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#layer.width
    When not set - the size of the loaded image will be used.

<scene ...
    <layer name="still1" url="image1.jpg" alpha="0" autoalpha="true" onclick="tween(alpha,0)" enabled="true" />

Then you just have a button that does tween(layer[still1].alpha,1);

Your stills aren't scenes.. those are for 360's, cylinders, or large large gigapixel stills.

• Thanks very much Sacha!

So I guess I need to re-visit the workflow? If, for example, I have several pans (partial and full 360) plus "stills" (please correct if there's a better term), am I better off to process via the MAKE VTOUR (NORMAL) droplet as opposed to the MAKE VTOUR (MULTIRES) droplet and then modify? Or, do I create the whole thing manually? If that is so, I hope I haven't bit off more than I can chew *confused*

I apologize for my ignorance. My only consolation is that this may help someone else down the road ...maybe?

Thanks again Sacha,

John

• Easy for you to say/link *g*

That's a great example though ...thank you! Pretty close to what I would like to be able to do. I assume then it could be done with several scenes (panos) plus the gallery layer. There was a bit of a bug when I opened the example in Chrome ...Next and Previous (outside the image) caused the container to close ...worked fine on IE though.

...just downloaded the demo and no bug in Chrome running it locally.

Maybe it's time to post a new thread and offer to hire someone for some Skype/tutoring? Or should I go learn basic xml first? Time is a factor...

• krpano comes with a folder of examples. you can go through each one with the documentation and figure out the basics.
    It takes quite of bit of time to program complex stuff, more so if you don't have a programming background.
    There are a lot of plugins for sale so you can get extremely far without having to know or program more than the basics.

• Thank you. Yes, I've gone through the examples but I need to take a step backwards here, and try to understand the workflow. I've been going through every page of posts in the Beginners Questions and if it's been asked I haven't seen it yet. Again, I apologize for my ignorance but please help me understand...

Does one generally use a droplet to create the basics of a tour and then adapt, or start from scratch?

In the gallery (http://sudarchikov.com/shared/lekiend/test.html ) you referred to earlier as an example, what are the steps to "put them into a gallery"? My assumption would be to generate the basics with a droplet and then adapt/integrate the plugin, add the gallery images (build thumbnails ...manually?), add hotspots, etc, etc.

I think I came down this road years ago and was stumped and ended up on an unnamed VT GUI joyride $$

• The first part of the work flow is to use the droplet to get the image tag information that describes your multiresolution tiles.
    Then you can customize your xml.

The steps for the gallery is
    1. purchase it.
    2. read andrey's documentation for how it works.
    3. it's probably as simple as including the xml and setting up a few tags that contain links to your images.
    Your assumption is correct.

Another method is panotour pro from kolor which is sort of a gui with a lot of built in plugins.

My own workflow is pretty different. I use a server and a custom cms/programming scripts to build my tours.

• Very, very much appreciated Sacha! I'm holding off on the PTPro for now ...not for the sake of dollars but I really would like to learn this. If I run out of time I may have no choice.

Thanks again for your time and energy :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!