krpano 1.19 - Pre Release 1 - WebVR / MobileVR / Stereoscopic 3D Support (Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, GearVR, ...)

• every view parameter is ignored, hlookat & vlookat are defined by the gyro sensor, fov is defined from de HMD, and no limits horitzontal or vertical...

hlookat & vlookat, with a tricky prealign can be reset, that would also make you move all your hotspots.

And I think when we are out of pre version, vertical or horitzontal limits will be allowed

• Yes I also wish to have all the features *cool* , but with what we already have we can do so much !!
    If you would really need that feature, you could go back to the old method, with to players syncronized, there you could do everything, limit vertical & horitzontal view, fov, hlookat, textfield layers, ...
    But I guess that nowadays is not a good time investment to work with the old method, so I prefer to take the huge advantatges of working with the 1.19 with the obious limits of a pre version

• I definitely agree. I think Klaus is way ahead with krpano compared to all other pano viewers. I will just wait for this feature in the final 1.19 release (if it will be available). In the meantime I can cover the Nadir with a nadir logo.

I just started with stereo panoramas, and the most difficult part is the nadir *wink* .

• Hi just saw the upcoming stereoscopic feature - awesome.

I don't have used krPano before, so sorry for maybe some stupid questions - but i'm asking myself how did you make the "main menu" ( start pano falling down and the menu sliding upwards ? ). Was a development framework used or "just" hardcode xml ?

P.S.
    Is there any release date planed or in sight ?

Edited 2 times, last by suppenhuhn (May 8, 2015 at 11:20 AM).

• Hi,

how did you make the "main menu" ( start pano falling down and the menu sliding upwards ? ). Was a development framework used or "just" hardcode xml ?

That's normal krpano xml code. The 'falling down' is a simply tweening of the hotspot positions. The example is included in the download package. Have a look into the krpano_vr.xml.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

I tried the VR example with Oculus DK2 but there's no headtracking. I'm not even sure if the Oculus is detected at all. Also tried some other VR tours that users posted in this thread, but with no luck!

I spend a day trying to get it to work. Updated the Oculus SDK, updated my videocard driver, tried both Nightly and Chromium, set the Oculus display mode to "Direct Access" and "Extend desktop", clear cache and use incognito browsing.. and tried lots of other things.

The stupid thing is that webVR seems to work fine. All example projects on mozvr.com work perfect! I'm kind of out of ideas what might be causing the problem. Does anyone have some more ideas that i can try out, or thing I need to check that i might have been missing all the time? (btw I saw today the 1.19 pre-release 2 is out, tested that example too)

Best regards,
    Bouke

• Hi,

the WebVR API specs were updated and therefore the old examples weren't work anymore in the latest WebVR browser builds. But the new 1.19 Pre-Release 2 should work.

Also note - the WebVR API need to be enabled manually first in the latest browser builds - in Chromium via 'chrome://flags' and in Firefox Nightly via 'about:config'.

On browser side I would recommend the Chromium WebVR build on Windows with Direct Mode because this one supports 75hz rendering.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Everybody,
    i recently make a tour for handicapped people when they are visiting a museum ( there is a little stair, people with wheelchair cannot enter in this piece ).
    So, i would like that the hotspots on the tour showing a image instead of going to a other piece ( there is only one piece where they cannot go, and only one pano in my tour )
    the virtual tour is here : http://www.gabrielacoca.fr/musee-bourdelle/index.html , you can see there several hotspot, showing additional information.
    here is the VR version of this tour : http://www.gabrielacoca.fr/musee-bourdell…oard/index.html
    i try to do the same in the VR, i change several things in the "tour.xml" and the "mobilevr.xml", here is my code (unfunctionnal):
    tour.xml:

Code
    <krpano>
    	<scene name="bourdelle">		<view hlookat="0" vlookat="0" />		<image>			<cube url="panos/bourdelle/%$cubesideprefix%_pano_%s.jpg" />		</image>	</scene>     <hotspot name="spotsevastos"    		   keep="true"	  	   zorder="10"	  	   ath="-51.0" atv="9.831959"	  	   visible="true"           distorded="true"           height="150"           width="150"           url="icon.png"           handcursor="false"           onclick="do_hotspot_sevastos_onclick"           />           	<action name="do_hotspot_sevastos_onclick">	tween(layer[sevastos].visible,true,);	</action> 	  <layer name="sevastos"           keep="true"           align="center"           url="sevastos.jpg"           width="444"           height="500"           handcursor="false"           alpha="1"           visible="false"           />
    </krpano>

and mobilevr.xml:

What i want to do is that the hotspot open the image :
    - for 10 second,and then close.
    or
    - trig a action to close the hotspot (move the head for example)

I f someone can tell me where did i go wrong or have an example of code who work, it will be helpful.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

Gabriel.

• Gabriel,

In your tour.xml code, for the hotspot, it shows distorded="true" while it should be distorted="true"

That may get your hotspots showing in VR.
    However, it looks like you're also trying to tween an image layer. As far as I know, layers are still unsupported in VR mode and only distorted hotspots can be displayed.
    So you could convert your layer images to distorted hotspots and that may do the trick.

Congrats on the stereo pano. Looks great. Goes a bit loopy when looking at the zenith/nadir though.

Cheers
    Red

• Quick question about a problem that I'm having in one of my tours.

I have a hotspot, and at some point I need to change the image for a different one. This is something I have done hundreds of times, and it works perfectly OK when I'm not in VR mode.
    But if I'm in VR mode, the image doesn't change. Tracing the URL parameter I can see the the new image is in the path, but not in the screen.
    Even more. If I exit VR mode, the the new image appears.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Is this something to do with the setting 'continuousupdates'? Just guessing.

Code
    <view continuousupdates="true" devices="html5" />

Thanks!

• Hello,

I'm trying the last prerelease with the Oculus and WebVR plugin. Once the Oculus is connected and configured, I start the WebVR example from krpano. If the panorama displays, it doesn't move at all. It seems the positional tracker isn't lit, the blue led is OFF although on the Toscana Unity demo, it is ON.
    Did I miss something?

Edited 2 times, last by gbv30120 (May 27, 2015 at 4:39 PM).

• The 'dom.vr.enabled' setting (via about:config) is enabled in Firefox Nightly?

Btw - I would recommend using the Chromium WebVR build (on Windows) - it performs way better, just like native Oculus Rift apps. As note - in Chromium the WebVR API need to be enabled via 'chrome://flags/#enable-webvr'.

• Do other WebVR pages work for you?
    When the browser is working correctly, then krpano should work automatically too.

About Chromium - what means 'didn't work well' in your case?

I would really recommend trying VR on Windows, it's way better (assumed that the GPU is capable enough).

• Nope, the WebVr pages don't work at all.
    I currently only have the krpano VR examples and some I did from my side.
    Otherwise, the oculus examples work well, that's how I've noticed the blue led is ON.

The problem I had with Chromium is that it can't load the XML. I'm looking how to bypass this error, using the Testing server tool. But, maybe because I'm working on a Mac, even the Testing Server doesn't work from my side. My webpage returns an error, unreachable…

I think I'll do new tests on a Windows computer

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!