• Hi.. Does anyone have experience with Re-tiling a set of sliced images..?

https://krpano.com/tools/kmaketiles/#retile

I have the pano online but I have lost the full panos. I need them to rebuild the Tour in html5.

There is info on this but I cannot work it out..

Can you dumb it down for the first time to attempt this..

Thank you

Destiny...

Sometimes I might come across as being stupid; But I have an IQ of 137 *tongue*

• Hi Destiny,

The following topic links may help clarify things.
    Re-assemble Image

format for existing tiled image - to make one image... to then drop in kmakemultires

Firstly you need to find out what size your tiles/slices are and how they are named.
    Also what size was the original equirectangular or cube face sizes?

I basically just use the highest level with the most tiles - e.g.. Level 3 and convert them into cube faces then into a sphere with a droplet if need be.
    If the tour was generated through krpano, these tiles would be named something like

l3_l_0101.jpg, l3_l_0102.jpg etc

l3_f_0101.jpg etc
    l3_r_0101.jpg etc
    l3_b_0101.jpg etc

l3_u_0101.jpg etc

l3_d_0101.jpg etc

You can see each tile files accounts for a certain cube face. i.e. l, f, r, b, u, d.

So here's the steps as Klaus mentioned in the above links.

Mac:

1. start the Terminal
    2. go to the folder of the krpano tools (cd /path/)
    3. call the kmaketiles tool and use absolute paths to the images:
    Code
    ./kmaketiles pano/l3_l_%0v%0h.jpg l3_l_combined.tif 0 -insize=2228x2228 -intilesize=512 -inindexbase=1
    ./kmaketiles pano/l3_f_%0v%0h.jpg l3_f_combined.tif 0 -insize=2228x2228 -intilesize=512 -inindexbase=1
    ./kmaketiles pano/l3_r_%0v%0h.jpg l3_r_combined.tif 0 -insize=2228x2228 -intilesize=512 -inindexbase=1
    ./kmaketiles pano/l3_b_%0v%0h.jpg l3_b_combined.tif 0 -insize=2228x2228 -intilesize=512 -inindexbase=1
    ./kmaketiles pano/l3_u_%0v%0h.jpg l3_u_combined.tif 0 -insize=2228x2228 -intilesize=512 -inindexbase=1
    ./kmaketiles pano/l3_d_%0v%0h.jpg l3_d_combined.tif 0 -insize=2228x2228 -intilesize=512 -inindexbase=1

(For Windows it's slightly different so check out the links above.)

Here you can set the size the original cube faces or equirectangular (insize) and also the tile sizes (intilesize)

The cube faces should then be generated.
    Hope that helps and makes a bit of sense.

• Hi Red...

Thank you so much for this information.. The thing is my tiles have been generated using PTP.. I am using a Mac.. Will this process still work.. I just need to figure out what it all means..

At least there is a way so thank you..

Destiny..

Sometimes I might come across as being stupid; But I have an IQ of 137 *tongue*

• Hi Destiny,

Yeah, tiles generated from PTP tour would be doable, even though the naming and sorting of the tiles would be different to what krpano generates. As far as I know PTP outputs the tiles in folders named 0,1,2,3,4,5. These would be the equivalent of cube face sides.

The only limitation I see with retiling using the kmaketiles tool is that it can't retile non-quad tiles (e.g. 90x512 or 512x90) with the quad tiles (eg. 512x512) to recreate a cube face.

Feel free to send me a PM with more details about the tiles sizes and folder structure of the pano in question and see what we can do.

Cheers
    Red

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!