krpanotools64.exe crashing using maketiles?

• Hello all. I was sent a tour made with panotour pro and wish to re-assemble the tiles for image treatment, etc. The original pano has been lost. Here's what I was attempting to do (per cube face):

Code
    krpanotools64.exe maketiles %h_%v.jpg rebuilt0_0.tif 0 -insize=4701x4701 -intilesize=512 -inindexbase=0

I get this output:

Code
    kmaketiles 1.18.2 - 64 bit (build 2014-12-18)
    inputtiles: %h_%v.jpg - 10x10 tiles - RGB
    outputimage: rebuilt.tif - 4701x4701 - RGB
    making image...0%

then

Code
    krpanotools64.exe has stopped working

While I trying to get the parameters right (e.g. inindexbase, mine begin at 0_0), I generated several botched .tif images without trouble. I'm apparently only crashing krpanotools when I get the tiles right! krpanotools32.exe crashes as well, and it doesn't seem to matter if I select .jpg instead of .tif for output.
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

• Hi Klaus,

As I mentioned, when I made mistakes (and experiments) in the intilesize, inindexbase, etc. I didn't get crashes. I got functional .TIFs with partial images in them and warnings that maketiles couldn't find expected tiles. The path is clearly working, and I did get the correct tile values from the .xml.

The crashes are apparently only coming when I get all the parameters perfect, which is very perplexing, and frustrating. It sounds as though I'm the only one experiencing this? I plan to try installing krpano on another computer to see if that helps.

• I would be still sure that the parameters must be wrong when it crashes ;-).
    (or there might be an invalid/corrupted jpeg tile that let the jpeg decoder crash)

If you want you can send me the tiles and the xml and I will try it and let you know the exact reason.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Okay -- problem solved.

I had a friend try this project on Linux, and he also crashed, but got a "segmentation fault". We eliminated the remainder tiles and found that the image stitched, but in the wrong order. The crash was because the %h and %v needed to be reversed.

Might be something to try to catch before the tool crashes? It's not very easy to see at a glance whether one's tiles are organized as rows or as columns.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!