krpanotools64.exe crashing using maketiles?

• Hello all. I was sent a tour made with panotour pro and wish to re-assemble the tiles for image treatment, etc. The original pano has been lost. Here's what I was attempting to do (per cube face):

Code
    krpanotools64.exe maketiles %h_%v.jpg rebuilt0_0.tif 0 -insize=4701x4701 -intilesize=512 -inindexbase=0

I get this output:

Code
    kmaketiles 1.18.2 - 64 bit (build 2014-12-18)
    inputtiles: %h_%v.jpg - 10x10 tiles - RGB
    outputimage: rebuilt.tif - 4701x4701 - RGB
    making image...0%

then

Code
    krpanotools64.exe has stopped working

While I trying to get the parameters right (e.g. inindexbase, mine begin at 0_0), I generated several botched .tif images without trouble. I'm apparently only crashing krpanotools when I get the tiles right! krpanotools32.exe crashes as well, and it doesn't seem to matter if I select .jpg instead of .tif for output.
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

• Hi Klaus,

As I mentioned, when I made mistakes (and experiments) in the intilesize, inindexbase, etc. I didn't get crashes. I got functional .TIFs with partial images in them and warnings that maketiles couldn't find expected tiles. The path is clearly working, and I did get the correct tile values from the .xml.

The crashes are apparently only coming when I get all the parameters perfect, which is very perplexing, and frustrating. It sounds as though I'm the only one experiencing this? I plan to try installing krpano on another computer to see if that helps.

• I would be still sure that the parameters must be wrong when it crashes ;-).
    (or there might be an invalid/corrupted jpeg tile that let the jpeg decoder crash)

If you want you can send me the tiles and the xml and I will try it and let you know the exact reason.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Okay -- problem solved.

I had a friend try this project on Linux, and he also crashed, but got a "segmentation fault". We eliminated the remainder tiles and found that the image stitched, but in the wrong order. The crash was because the %h and %v needed to be reversed.

Might be something to try to catch before the tool crashes? It's not very easy to see at a glance whether one's tiles are organized as rows or as columns.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!