Automate image type detection for virtual tour

• Hi,
    I'm making a webapp (hosted in linux) which let the user to upload a set of images then use them to make a virtual tour (calling batch script from php) and show the result video tour.
    Here's my problem: how can I detect the right type of the images the user upload?
    I mean, the single image could be not a panorama or be cylindrical type or spherical type.
    Using virtual tour droplet, the program itself detect if image you select are the right kind or ask you to specify which kind to choose if it is not possible to understand.
    Exists a tool on linux (or a pattern that I could develop in php) to detect image type to discard image I don't need and make the xml for virtual tour specifying the type I want for the single image?
    Anyone faced this problem?
    Thank you in advance!

• Hi,

I'm making a webapp (hosted in linux) which let the user to upload a set of images then use them to make a virtual tour (calling batch script from php) and show the result video tour.

When doing this please make sure that not violating the krpano license agreement, especially point 6, 7 and 8:
    https://krpano.com/buy/license/

Here's my problem: how can I detect the right type of the images the user upload?

A spherical pano could be detected by the width/height ratio of 2:1, but any other pano type can't be detected automatically without additional information (like special exif information that where embedded by the stitching software).

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!