• hi, been trying to change my hotspot hover action to show text in the middle of the screen instead of near the mouse
    i guess it would be just changing the "origin"
    so i created a textstyle with vr=false so the text would be near the mouse cursour and another with vr=true with the origin=center so the text would appear near the center cross in vr

in vr
    origin = center -> the text appears in the middle of the screen :( (but respects the yoffset)
    origin = cursor -> the text appears on the centertop of the screen
    any suggestions?

ideally would like to show the text over the hotspot but could not find info in the forum on how to do it
    showtext takeslayer-like coordinates instead of ath-atv hotspot coordinates... could try to use screento... or ...toscreen functions but i guess it wouldn't work because the pano would move and the text would stay on the same place of the screen

thank you all for your time and help

• Hi,

that's currently not possible this way (especially on Desktop):

On Desktop in WebVR mode with the Oculus Rift only the elements that will be rendered by WebGL are visible - and this are currently only the pano and the distorted hotspots itself.

Only on mobile browsers showing non WebGL elements in VR is working.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Any news for this?
    I have the need to have text hovering on the hotspots of my Cardboard/VR virtual tours.
    Is there any workaround at the moment?
    Some example code to see (I'm pretty much a newbie in js/xml/html5)?
    Thanks! *smile*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!