Tour crashing - Please can anyone test on an iPhone?

• Hello all,

I've created the following example:

http://www.clients.tourvista.co.uk/vt/vr/mercedes/mercedes/devel/1.html</a> This example crashes my motorola G, but it's OK in a Galaxy Note 4.
    Would it be possible for anyone to check if it crashes on an iPhone?
    I'll try to work out a way to fix it once I know this.

Description of the tour:

This tour toggle the visibility every 6 seconds of some distorted hotpots which use images from this directory:
    http://www.clients.tourvista.co.uk/vt/vr/mercedes…content/images/
    This creates the effect of opening and closing the car compartments, as well as the roof.

This as a technique I used successfully in the pass, but not with so many images at the same time, nor using a 'delayed' call to toggle its visibility.
    Before doing this effect using distorted hotspots, I tried swapping by loading 2 scenes. Although it didn't crash, I discarded this method because the scene preview made the car look blur for half a second, and also because in VR mode, there was an delayed blending between the old scene and the new scene.

Please note that although this example uses Krpano 1.19 pre-release version, it also crashes using krpano 1.18.3 / 2015-03-05, so it's nothing to do with that *smile*

Thanks,

Rafael

• Hi Rafael,

Tested on iPhone 5, and original iPad mini with iOS 8.2 and an iPad 3 with iOS 8.3, and crashing on all. When trying to move around the scene with multires tiles loading and the distorted hotspots trying to appear, it crashes. The iPad 3, it doesn't even get that far and crashes when trying to load the tiles.
    Also tested on Galaxy S5 but it doesn't crash.

Can only assume memory issues on iOS with loading multiple distorted hotspots in tandem while simultaneously trying to load mulitres tiles.

• Thank you so much Red!

It was very kind of you testing it in all those devices.
    I think you're right. The distorted hotspots demand too much memory. I made a test this morning and Krpano could handle up to 2. After I added a 3rd hotspot, it started behaving strangely.

I'll try a different approach.

I'll add an icon which when it's clicked (or looked in VR mode) will add and display only one distorted hotspot. Then it will be removed after 6-10 seconds.

I hope that will be enough.

Thanks!

• Hi,

the images here:

are all 2000x2000px and that's way too large for the most mobile devices!

A cube pano with 2000x2000px cube faces needs at least ~92 MB (=2000*2000*4*6) of memory and that's a lot!

For comparison - when rendering with multires pano, krpano takes only 40-50 MB of memory on mobiles for the pano image itself.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!