[prospective customer] Buying the software, 1.17, 1.18? Which version am I getting?

• Hi,

I'm looking to buy KRPano but I'm a little unclear on what's up with the different versions. At the very top it says there are two new versions: 1.17 and 1.18. I would think 1.18 is the latest version and can do anything 1.17 can do plus some more (like video). But when going to the ordering page I'm not sure whether I'm buying 1.17 and 1.18. Any insight in this is appreciated. Why is 1.17 still being advertised?

I also saw that there's a pre-release version of 1.19 out. When's that going to be released? And upgrading to 1.19 will probably at cost, right?

• You get a license. You can use that to use any version you want.
    I'd stick to the latest one 1.9. It mostly works+bug fixes. Or stick to the 1.8. If you're just starting out you will not run into any scenarios where you'd need any bug fixes most likely.
    The 1.9 branch is a beta to test out HMD devices. It's pretty basic. You get distorted hotspots and the image. No layers or videoplayer.

I don't think Klaus has ever forced a new license/payment for an update/upgrade.

• You get a license. You can use that to use any version you want.
    I'd stick to the latest one 1.9. It mostly works+bug fixes. Or stick to the 1.8. If you're just starting out you will not run into any scenarios where you'd need any bug fixes most likely.
    The 1.9 branch is a beta to test out HMD devices. It's pretty basic. You get distorted hotspots and the image. No layers or videoplayer.

I don't think Klaus has ever forced a new license/payment for an update/upgrade.

Thanks for replying.
    So what does this mean:
    https://krpano.com/buy/upgrade/

Does this just mean that if I buy 1.17 or up upgrades will be free? I think I will just stick with 1.18 then, if that's the last stable version.

• I think that's for people that never bought the html5 part of the license. That was a VERY VERY long time ago. Krpano started including that in its base price a long time ago.
    Just get a license and use whatever version you feel like. I personally use both 1.18 and 1.19 for different clients.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!