How do you pass embed parameters to Flash?

• I want to pass the scale parameter to Flash when embedding. At first glance this doesn't look possible. There is a specific WMode parameter available, of course, but what about setting other parameters?

The reason that I want to set the Flash scale parameter is that Flash currently doesn't render properly on high DPI screens (eg Retina) in Firefox. This apparently happens when Flash scale="noscale". So I would like to see what happens if I change it to, say, default.

You can see on a Dell XPS 15 screen below:

• the Flash viewer doesn't support high-DPI displays (and setting the Flashplayers 'scale' is not possible and wouldn't help here).

the Flash viewer doesn't support high-DPI displays (and setting the Flashplayers 'scale' is not possible and wouldn't help here).

Use the HTML5 viewer instead.

Howdy Klaus. You would likely know, but the research I did on this before asking demonstrated that it would work, at least with the examples shown.

It seems that all browsers except Firefox have incorporated a workaround, a pseudo-scale if you will. Firefox, is finally trying to address it as well but the assigned programmer is having problems and not really putting in a lot of effort. While I could easily use a different browser or HTML5 on a high DPI displays I don't think there is a way to force it for site visitors. Is there?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!