Sky box - 2 krpanos?

• The pano does work, but not the skybox in the first link.

Tuur
    Any idea why it´s working for you but not for us? I´m using Win7/64

I just tested in OSX Chrome, and got the same error:

ERROR: parsing parameters failed - TypeError: Error #1034

It looks to me that even though I added html5=true and flash=false, that browser is trying to render the pano in Flash. I never created a Flash Skybox plugin so parsing fails, I think... Not sure why Chrome only pushes Flash, Im assuming yours is too since it has the same error message. If you richt-click on the screen, you can see if if it's Flash or HTML5...

• Sorry Pal, even if I deactivate Flash in FF and force krpano to use HTML5 I still see the greenscreen instead of the skybox.

Maybe Klaus can take a look at this, because your idea is very promising and I would love to see a feature like this in krpano *thumbsup*

• Sorry Pal, even if I deactivate Flash in FF and force krpano to use HTML5 I still see the greenscreen instead of the skybox.

Maybe Klaus can take a look at this, because your idea is very promising and I would love to see a feature like this in krpano *thumbsup*

Can you see the first link I posted without using greenscreen? The concept of using chroma key is not a good one. Was worth the tests but very slow and memory intensive, and doesn't really solve anything. The plugin's new direction is its original one, and that is PNG. The plan is to force 2D context over WebGL for canvases that need PNG transparency. I'm having to override the context type by prototyping HTMLCanvasElement. I realize it's controversially a no-no, but the only way. It works perfectly, and when finished it will actually allow the skybox pano to be WebGL, and the interior pano 2D!

Once this is finished, I'll throw together a Flash plugin, and hope there isn't any hurdles. If someone wants to get a jump on this, I'd be grateful!

Current dev:
    http://coffee.sand.box.biz/cadillac/ads/skybox-plugin/0.1/

• Finally *g* I did get it working in Chrome by diasbling the flash player-plugin. Still not working in FF though.
    The effect is pretty darn good *thumbsup* Subtle but still very noticeable. Now you need to find a way to make it compatible to all browsers, at least FF, IE and Chrome, and bring the interface back in the front. In chrome it´s hovering between foreground and background.

Btw...I think the effect needs to be inverted?! When you look down the street should disappear more instead of being revealed. You can see for yourself while looking over any edge *wink*

• Finally *g* I did get it working in Chrome by diasbling the flash player-plugin. Still not working in FF though.
    The effect is pretty darn good *thumbsup* Subtle but still very noticeable. Now you need to find a way to make it compatible to all browsers, at least FF, IE and Chrome, and bring the interface back in the front. In chrome it´s hovering between foreground and background.

Btw...I think the effect needs to be inverted?! When you look down the street should disappear more instead of being revealed. You can see for yourself while looking over any edge *wink*

Glad you could see it! On FF and IE, were you not able to see it because they are using Flash? I'll build the Flash plugin soon enough, but it would be very helpful to know.

Yes of course! Tilt should totally be inverted! Originally I was going to just dampen it as I didn't like the way tilt worked, but this is the real solution! Thanks Nupsi.

Another issue is in using the gyro plugin on mobile, the added yaw (rotateZ) isn't being synced. I'll get into that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!