Error in downloaded index file.

• Can anyone explain what is happening when you download a tour from the server and you get this.
    See attached file.

The error seems to be in the index.html file. If I replace it with one from my offline version everything works OK.

I am just curious as I can not see any visible error in the file and for example the error is not solved by
    pasting the full line with the tour.xml in it and resaving.

Error is in all html files for example also the iphone-ipad-simulator.html

However a file set for flash works withut problems.

Hans

• Try loading the XML file directly into the browser. If the parser doesn't throw an error, you can check the mark-up manually to see where the problem could lie. Force reloading the XML page directly could also help if it's a cache problem.

• Thats the first thing I did.

There is nothing wrong with the xml.

According to the info on this error it is a cross domain error. It happens if you try to load an xml from another server.

So the html seems to try loading the one on the server instead of the one offline.

Clearing the cache should ellimenate this but it does not in Safari.

• Unfortunatelly the problem may be much worse than I thought at first.

I made a small testtour and zipped the tour. Uploaded it to my server and downloaded it with browser.

The dezipped tour gives same error offline but if you upload the dezipped version it works fine from server.

On Mac the problem happens in Safari but II discovered that Chrome does not work at all offline. I thought that problem was solved long ago.
    Actually Chrome now automaticallly opens the flashversion offline even if the setting is HTML prefer

Also in my Windows 8.3/ Parrallels i got the same problem in IE and chrome.

Apparently this is the same problem as Chrome has to view offline HTML. How can this be initiiated in Safari by downloading a zipped tour from server.

How can I deliver my tour to a client so that he can also see it offline.

• Problem solved in Safari.
    In my developers menu there is a setting for Disable local files restriction.

After boooking that all files work.

BUT that does not explain why a simple zip- upload- download can change the behaviour of the index file

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!