Autorotation interrupt change suggestion

• I was pleased to see that autorotation is now interrupted when clicking on the pano vs just click and drag. However I am much less happy that autorotation is pause with any interaction anywhere.

For me there are many times I don't want to disturb autorotation. For instance, if I am turning sound on/off why should that mess with autorotation? Personally I would prefer to not stop the pano while zooming with a mouse. If I want to pause it I will click the pano. Forcing a pause while zooming is like denying a zoom during a lookto action. It feels clumsy.

My suggestion: Only interrupt autorotation when interacting with the image layer itself. If I want autorotation paused when opening a help screen I can add an autorotation.interrupt() to the layer's commands. Alternatively you could set the layer's capture attribute to false, passing the click to the image below and thereby interrupting autorotation.

Or am I missing something? Curious what others think.

• Hi,

My suggestion: Only interrupt autorotation when interacting with the image layer itself. I

It's unfortunately not that easy, there were several cases where such was problematic...

But I will look for adding an optional setting to skip layer/hotspot interactions from being detected as user-interaction...

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!