write plugin to handle versions of a pano

• hi all

i sometimes have cases where i have different version off a pano like day/night withpeople/withoutpeople and so on. i thought about a menu where you can switch between those different options instead of having each pano as thumbnail and navigating by that, also usable in VR.

know i don't know if there already someone did something like that or what would be the best way to have not a complete mess in the xml file.
    so here is what i thought, please tell me what you think and if there is a more efficient way to do that.

for the pano tour i would pick every first option and build a normal pano tour (multires). so i get all the panos that i can link/hotspot with the thumbnails but don't have every variation from a pano in the tour. then i would define some parameters in the tour.xml for ex. count(0|0|0), text(text1|text2|text3) and the rootpath were the variations are stored. with the count you tell how many variations of a pano there is, text is the naming of the different variations (f. ex. daylight, people, floormaterial) to use it for an interactive menu later.

then i would generate all the multires panos and store them in the rootpath location. files would have same names as panos but with numbers indicating the variations at the end, like: name_1_1 or name_1_2

then i would include the variations.xml, where all the actions are written and which takes the parameters defined in the tour.xml (count,text,rootpath).
    there i would have to define a menu where you can choose the variation and then i would load this pano so you can see all combinations of variations that there would be. (f. ex.: normal pano (daylight, woodenfloor), variation1 (daylight, stone floor), variation2 (night, woodenfloor), variation3 (night, stonefloor))
    i don't know how to get that all the actions done proper. but that would be a later task when i know i am on the right way.

do you understand what i want? do have have hints where to get snippets of code doing parts of what i want to do?

thanks for each answer!
    sven

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!