please help...so confused

• I have just purchased KRpano and cannot get started. I am at a loss to where my start point should be. I am looking at using this software to create a virtual tour site. I have the files downloaded but cannot even figure out which file i should be using to begin. I am using a mac. Software is something i can usually figure out but this has me totally lost.

• Here are more tidbits of information that will make sense to you after a little trial and error. Scroll down to about the 12th post in this link. There are step by step instructions for converting spherical images to cubes ( if you want to do that ) among other features of the ktransform tool.

something i really don't understand

I don't own a mac so I cannot tell you how to interact with the software, but with a PC you can drag your spherical image onto kmultires and it will output the pano image, XML, and HTML. If you use the ktransform to get cubes, you can drag those six cubes and drop them ALL at once onto kmultires and it will do the same but will output a cubic pano which displays better with flash 10.

• Hi hm_oliver,

The link from VN2009: How do I start
    On this thread, Klaus give a link of an virtual tour example...
    Look at the examples ... the ones from this forum and especially those coming in the krpano downloaded file. It is the better way to begin learning Krpano... Change the pano image from those examples with yours panos... You will be a little more familiarized with how the program work.. Then, look to the documentation to acquire more knowledge... And ask on the forum...

Good luck. *wink*

• First off thank you all for your help so far. I have managed to create a pano now, so the learning curve has defiantly begun. when i view it in html is says demo version? does that mean my license has not registered? If i try to open the .swf file it opens my CS4 flash but i get an error message reading "loading error (IO error)" and if i try to import the file into my library i just get a black screen with a small white 2 sided cross in the middle of the page.

• Hi hm_oliver,

Such as Jarredja has suggested before, it can be a good idea to use kprotect to embed your krpano.licence file into krpano.swf .... This way, you make save your licence to be used from by others ... But, to be able to use Kprotect, you have to adquire a Krpanotools licence. More info about krpano Tools .

Even if that is an good idea, it is not an obligation to make function the program correctly. YOU CAN USE krpano.swf with your licence without anything more... The only important thing is to put Krpano.swf and krpano.licence in the same folder as explained in the purchase doc:

5. Unzip the ZIP file and copy the "krpano.license" file into the folder of the krpano SWF file. If the SWF file was renamed, the licence file must be renamed accordingly.

Salut.

• Okay have have done that for both krpano and panotools. If i go into the krpano.swf it reads licensing error. And if i open one of my panos it still reads demo.

I went through the steps two ways. If i go to set up and browse to the folders select he folder and open it show the right path. When i click instal it goes back to what was in teh box originally. I also tried doing it without clicking instal and just generating. Neither worked.

• you should be installing three items into your krprotect tool.

These original files from the download package
    (krpano.swf)
    and the license package
    ( krpano.license & krpanotools.license )

After you have generated the new .swf, you should replace the .swf in your tour folder with the new generated .swf (if you have not already saved it there)

Also, you should clear your browser cache after you add the new .swf

• yes that is what i have done. an i created a file called krpano.swf which i then moved inside the folder krpanolicense. That folder now holds the

krpano.swf, instal.txt, krpano.license, krpanotoos.license

• No, the new .swf should be put in the tour folder. The folder that houses all of your xml files and images that you created using the krpano tools. Find the krpano.swf file in the panorama folder that you created when you made your pano and replace the krpano.swf with the new generated one.

• Im now pretty sure i dont understand how this software is supposed to work. Let me tell you what i am trying to do and then you can call me a retard if im totally going in the wrong direction. Im using Mac with CS4 flash . I am trying to build a flash based virtual tour site for real estate. That obviously requires i have several panos available on buttons. The way i was trying to do it is to import the swf files into my library in CS4 flash and then use if from there. I am using ptgui software to stitch my images together.

• First of all, this software has a big learning curve. No retards here!! Just confused newbies. *g*
    At this moment, Krpano does not work inside of other flash programs(if you are trying to go all flash)
    I am not sure if the next beta will have that feature or the next full release? I don't know anything about cs4.

You mentioned you had a pano working through html with the "demo". The previous instructions should help you get the demo off of the pano as it basically replaces the demo .swf with a licensed version.

Are you able to get it working via HTML?

• LOL....

i get a license error in html also. I could view it as a demo.

hum, if you cant load images into flash how do you get the images to view in a flash player? I ask that because I came by krpano through someone using it with a flash player.

• What I meant was the flash program "krpano" cannot be loaded in another flash program. You could try michel's suggestion, put a copy of your license in the folder with the krpano.swf in the panorama tour folder. You would probably need to get the original krpano.swf from the download folder ( I say that because perhaps something went wrong with the one from kprotect ?? I have never had an issue, but something is not working for you )

• Okay so i started again and can now open the html with no demo logo and it show as being register to me. I can also open the example .swf file, but i still cant open my pano file in .swf

There message i get reads;

krpano 1.0.8 beta 8
    flashplayer MAC 10,0,2,54 External (debug)
    registered to; me
    download of "krpano.xml" failed
    krpano.xml - loading error (IO Error)

• I'm coming in a bit late to this, but why are you trying to open a swf, or place the swf somewhere ?

The very basic process is:
    - create your panorama image (maybe in PTGui etc)
    - drop this big jpeg onto one of the KR Pano tools such as "makemultires"
    - all basic files are automaticallycreated. No further work needed if you're happy with this simple result
    - or: go on to customise with controls, other plugins, different views etc by tweaking the xml file

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!