[SOLVED] Equirectangualr image in html5 viewer?

• Hello

I just purchased Flash to HTML5 license upgrade and I'm in the process of adapting my system so that instead of Flash only - HTML5 with fallback to Flash is used. I used Equirectangualr images for Flash.

I use php to read folder content and if finds images it creates buttons which opens lightbox window and passes directory name and equi file name to file wioth Flash viewer.

So I would like to use same principle but with HTML5 support included, and to avoid any other image format to retain simplicity for my user.

Buttons opens this file with this code:

This is code in xml file:

Code
    <krpano>
    	<view hlookat="0" vlookat="0" fovtype="MFOV" fov="120" fovmin="60" fovmax="120" />
    </krpano>

Questions:

1. What can I do to keep function like above but with added HTML5 support?
    (HTML5 should load 1st and fallout to Flash if not supported)

We have a TON of Equirectangular images created by one click 360 pano camera and software setup.
    Process is easy: Click to take a torus shaped photo -> batch converted to Equirectangular via pre-set software - Equirectangular file is uploaded on server.

2. Is it possible to embed part (or setting) of XML file (which contains path to spherical image ) into my php file so that I can pass dir and filename variable into my php file?

I did it for Flash only version with code above but I'm struggling atm with HTML5 adaptation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Regards

Edited 2 times, last by Krx (July 25, 2016 at 9:42 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!