You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, September 29th 2009, 3:26pm

plugin krpano nadir swirl

I dont know if this should be posted here but I am looking for a simple workflow on how to take and the nadir shot,when i retouch it in photoshop it creates a swirl,I think I saw klaus write about not having the swirl,now I just place a logo over the nadir,its cheating but it speeds things up.

any ideas

I came across this plugin (SUPER CUBIC)
its a small filters for Photoshop to ease the retouching of spherical/equirectangular panoramas

I am sure klaus had a plugin that stopped the swirl on the nadir

tim *confused*

VN2009

Professional

Tuesday, September 29th 2009, 7:00pm

tim i used to use super cubic it works perfect for editing the nadir. but realistically the nadir is like the bottom 10% of a pano. why waste your time? i too just slap a logo at the bottom of some of my latest work. either that or i limit the hfov so you can even get that far down.

viewinz

Intermediate

Occupation: Trying to build an entire walkthrough of NZ for tourists

Tuesday, September 29th 2009, 10:51pm

Tim,

Are you using ptgui?

On the site there is a great tutorial regarding the nadir shot, and using the viewpoint correction method http://www.ptgui.com/examples/vptutorial.html.

If you'd rather just clone the tripod out it's easier if done from a cube face than equirectangular image, best to run it through Sphere to cube in the tools.

If you can get the whole sphere it does look quite a bit better.