interactions in vr mode

• Hi everybody,

I know that interactions get deleted in vr mode except the navigation from pano to pano - BUT:

1. Why?
    2. If it's possible to move from one panorama to the other by staring at a hotspot for a few seconds, why isn't it possible to launch other interactions the same way!?
    3. There MUST be a way to invoke interactions anyhow in vr mode, at least via programming own plugins or whatever - but HOW? Can anybody please lead me in the right direction?
    4. I'm thinking about using a bluetooth remote control together with the head-mounted device. So it should be possible to start the interaction of the button you're staring at by clicking a button on the rc!? And e. g. zooming in and out should be possible that way too!?
    5. The interactions I use in the "normal" panorama and would like to invoke in vr mode as well are simple things like showing a graphic, pdf, website, launching URL and stuff like this.

So, can anybody please help me out with that issue? I need some action in vr mode!

Any help is extremely appreciated, thanks.

willi

• I know that interactions get deleted in vr mode except the navigation from pano to pano

Why is this? Interactions should work in VR mode as well - only that you sometimes run into unexpected problems due to the limited control options. Have you an example of such a "deleted" hotspot?

Michael

• Hi Michael,

thanks for your reply. I come from Kolor Panotour Pro and they say that the interactions get deleted due to restrictions of krpano. That's why I'm asking theses questions also in the forum here. But maybe their documentation is outdated? That would be great. Or I can implement my own version of krpano (without this restriction) into my exported Panorama? Do you experiences with that?

I'm just working on my first vr example and should be able to proof this issue today.

willi

• Hi)

First of all, it's not quite clear what you mean by 'interactions'. If it's hotspots (arrows or any other active areas inside panorama), then Krpano supports image hotspots in VR also (no polygonal or text spots in VR yet, as far as I know).

Other type of 'interaction' is layers (screen elements). Krpano hides all layers in VR (except VR Settings layer and Exit VR layer). This is done on purpose.

• Hi,

I mainly use spots and the "actions" (not interactions) are "open pdf box", "open website box", "show video", "show picture" and they're all hidden. You say on purpose - but why?

Second question: Is it possible - in any way - to use actions like the mentioned above in vr mode? Can they be (re-) activated via programming? Or any other idea?

Third question: Is it possible to use a remote control together with krpano in vr mode?

Sorry for these newbie questions, but there must be something possible!? I can't believe that. What about the Flash Player!?

Thanks in advance!
    willi

• Hi,

text, containers and more layering options and polygonal hotspots are planed/inwork for webgl rendering.

But things like pdf or websites inside vr are not technically not possible (until browser manufacturers would add APIs for rendering html to webgl textures).

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!