making a propartionally scalable overlay window that adopts to the screen size of the user

• Hello,

I have been trying to make a white overlay window over my pano. I want this overlay to be proportional (for instance 4:3 or 16:9 for example). I am also trying to make this window scalable in relation to the screen size of the user.

First i thought that i coudl do this with a mask. I succeeded in doing so, but my way of doing this was to make a very large white solid with a transparant window in the middle. But the problem i was having that if the user would scale down the window, eventually the sides of the pano would be visible again because the border of my white overlay would scale down. Because of this and because i had to make a large white image as overlay this is not a ideal solution.

So i was thinking of using a smal white image fo lets say 10px by 10px and then scaling taht to 100%. But i can not get a mask on it so that the centre part would form a window to the underlying pano. I have been fooling around with positions, masks, staegheight / width etc. but i can not find a satisfactory solution. Is there somebody who has tackled this problem before?

I want to make a proportional window so that i can display a movie in this window. In this way i will be able to match the movie to the pano image.

I can imagine that my explanation is a bit confusing so i am glad to clarify any unclear parts. ANd i will post some example later on...

Best regards,

Joost

If somebody can help with my problem i would be very gratefull as my scripting skills are not very high.

• Hi tangelder,

I have been trying to make a white overlay window over my pano. I want this overlay to be proportional (for instance 4:3 or 16:9 for example). I am also trying to make this window scalable in relation to the screen size of the user.

Have you tried using width="100%" height="100%"

Code
    <plugin name="white_overlay" url="Your_white_overlay.png"  width="100%" height="100%"/>

More info for plugin attributes: https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#plugin

Salut.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!