SWF as base Layer -Please help...

• Hi Everyone

I have managed to get SWF files as the base layer of a pano (although it doesnt seem to work with 1.8.8 only 1.7.0?). I did this so hopefully I can alter the images without using hotspots etc. Unfortunately only frame 1 of the SWF is played - is there a way to refresh this so that the SWF's play properly?

Alternativly I have tried using 6 distorted hotspots which seem to work (in 1.8.8), but the 'segmented' quality of them really needs improving....is there a way to controll the hotspot (distorted) tessalation?

Thanks

Sam

Edited 4 times, last by theamoebason (October 26, 2009 at 5:10 PM).

• Hi,

I have managed to get SWF files as the base layer of a pano (although it doesnt seem to work with 1.8.8 only 1.7.0?)

what do you mean with base layer?
    swf as hotspots?
    what doesn't work in 1.0.8 but in 1.0.7? (distorted hotspots for example are not available in 1.0.7)

Unfortunately only frame 1 of the SWF is played - is there a way to refresh this so that the SWF's play properly?

was the swf included as distorted hotspots?
    here you could try to set the "refreshrate" manually,
    e.g.

Code
    <hotspot ... distorted="true" .. refreshrate="15" />

Alternativly I have tried using 6 distorted hotspots which seem to work (in 1.8.8), but the 'segmented' quality of them really needs improving....is there a way to controll the hotspot (distorted) tessalation?

at the moment the number of segments is fixed, but I've planed to make it adjustable,
    but note - with enabled flash10 and disabled fisheye distortion a tessellation is not necessary and will not be done,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I probably didnt name things properly. By 'base layer' I ment the original pano images for example:

<krpano version="1.0.8">

<display movequality="high" stillquality="high" details="16"/>

<image type="CUBE">
    <left url="left.swf" />
    <front url="front.swf" />
    <right url="right.swf" />
    <back url="back.swf" />
    <up url="up.swf" />
    <down url="down.swf" />
    </image>

</krpano>

test here:

http://www.amoebamultimedia.com/PanoTest/test.html

this seems to work with 1.7.0 but not 1.8.8....my issue is that is there a way to update the above swf files. Currently only the first frame is played. I do not need it to play constantly but just to update when requested.

I have got this to work with distorted hotspots in 1.8.8, but with tessellation and its VERY slow but thanks ill try flash 10.

Thanks Klaus

Sam

• Hi themoebason,

You should post a link with the 1.0.8 beta too (and not 1.8.8 nor 1.7.0 ! *smile* )

Klaus, this is the error I've got with the last krpano 1.0.8 beta in flash debug :

TypeError: Error #1009: Il est impossible d'accéder à la propriété ou à la méthode d'une référence d'objet nul.
    at Kcache/add_to_decodequeue()
    at Kcache/decoding_tiledimage_done()
    at filedecoder/filedecoder_complete()

Regards,

• Hi,

okay, I understand now
    yes, loading of swfs as pano images is not possible current in 1.0.8 beta anymore,
    but krpano was never designed for that, the loaded image (or swf) will/was always be converted
    to an internal bitmap (and in some cases also tiled), so playing the swf is also not possible via
    the method,

but by embedding the cubefaces swfs as distorted hotspots should work,
    to get the best tessellation quality for these hotspots at the moment,
    disable the fisheye effect and use flash10:

Code
    <view fisheye="0" />
    <display flash10="on" />

then no tessellation is necessary and the 3d rendering will be perfect

here an example code to include the images as hotspots:

Code
    <style name="cubeface" enabled="false" distorted="true" width="1000" height="1000" />

<hotspot name="cube_f" url="pano_f.swf" style="cubeface" ath="0"   atv="0"   />
    <hotspot name="cube_l" url="pano_l.swf" style="cubeface" ath="-90" atv="0"   />
    <hotspot name="cube_r" url="pano_r.swf" style="cubeface" ath="+90" atv="0"   />
    <hotspot name="cube_b" url="pano_b.swf" style="cubeface" ath="180" atv="0"   />
    <hotspot name="cube_u" url="pano_u.swf" style="cubeface" ath="0"   atv="-90" />
    <hotspot name="cube_d" url="pano_d.swf" style="cubeface" ath="0"   atv="+90" />

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!