Issues with krpano and viewing on php....

• Hey Everyone,

Here's a message I got from one of my clients. He's a web developer working in php. As a photographer and aspiring web designer I haven't quite gotten to working in php like my friend whose message is below. I've found that the way I've configured my viewer it works just fine in an html website but have not a clue where to go with this on php! Could someone give me a hand on this please?

Oh yes, regarding the license error, I've typically included a zipped version of krpano license for issues with corruption. One of the last issues confusing to me. *g*

Regards,

Ben

INSTALLATION ISSUES AS FOLLOWS:

**********************************************************************************

I am trying to install the embedded 360 and have encountered a couple problems.

1) License error. I followed the instructions and it works on my local server, but when I upload it gives me the license error? I tried to delete the xml file and extract and upload a new one and it still did not fix the problem. (this will make it tough for you to see what I am seeing. So helping to fix this and it will allow you to see what I mean.)
    2) In IE7, it does not load the rest of the page. Gives me this error in the error console:
    Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618)
    Timestamp: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:46:34 UTC
    Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)
    Line: 0
    Char: 0
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.xanaduresort-belize.com/index.pano.php

I cannot seem to figure out where that is coming from. It works properly in FF3 and loads the rest of the page as it should.
    3) What I have done is scaled it to fit in the top of the left column of the home page. When I scale it a couple things happen:
    a. The thumbs disappear. I tried adjusting their positioning both the text (leftbottom) and x/y, but that did not work.
    b. The navigation and zoom functions do not work properly. The cursor only seems to recognize the left arrow.
    c. Panning up or down seems to lose its functionality.

Any ideas on these things?

***************************************************************************************

• Hi,

first - the "license.xml" file is corrupt (it seems were a binary <-> ascii conversion applied)
    try to upload it 'binary' (disable any binary-ascii conversion in your ftp tool),
    or just use the krpano.license (you don't have an IIS webserver, so renaming is not possible),
    or embed the krpano.license into the swf with the kprotect tool,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!