hotlinks to picture within a panorama

• I am working on a Museum Tour, and I want to create hotspots within the individual panoramas to bring up exhibits. Is this possible and if so can someone point me in a suitable direction. The only reference I can find from krpano uses map references which I dont want here. This where I have got to so far. I then want to include sound for each panorama but one thing at a time!!!

http://www.assetimaging.co.nz/krpano/example…iArtMuseum.html

Thanks heaps for any help

• Hi BriarB,

Have a look in the examples folder which came with KRpano, do you have an example called 'google maps' ? The first example in this folder 'maps_example1.html' is a great one for what you want to do. To create a hotspot you can add this to your xml file and use the editor plugin to position it properly. You must make sure that all the urls actually point to something that exsits in your folder. For this example you will need a hotspot image or flash swf file, like hotspot_ani_black.swf, 1 thumbnail image and one normal size image (say 800px wide)

Hope this helps :)

tom

• Thanks for that Tommo, I had seen the example you gave but it seemed to refer to longtitude and latitude rather than positions on the panorama.

I guess the line you give: ath="-152.5692" atv="1.4989"
    refers to positions within the panorama, right?

I have got to work this out too: editor plugin to position it properly. I have got the swf on: C:\Data\KRPano Host\krpano-1.0.8-beta7\plugins
    but what the .....do I do with it?

Where can I find the: hotspot_ani_black.swf

Love your aerial shots of London!! Reminds me of good times a long....time ago.

Edited once, last by BriarB (January 15, 2010 at 9:49 AM).

• Hi BriarB,

I just wrote a nice lengthy helpful reply went to post it and got logged out and lost my post *pinch*

Here is a quick answer then...

Yes.. you are right ath and atv are coord's within the panorama.

To use editor plugin I advise to copy the whole plugins folder and place inside the folder you are working in. I would also like to recommend doing a copy of an example folder and just replace elements (pano, images, sound, etc) with your own stuff, this helps you learn and see whats going on. By the way hotspot_ani_black.swf is in the google maps folder.

To use editor plugin place this code in your xml file

Code
    <plugin name="editor" url="plugins/editor.swf" />

more info this page

first click hotpsot button, then click and drag the hotspot you want to move. click close then click xml, copy and paste this generated code into you xml. Alternatively what i do is just paste in a separate document and copy the hotspot coord's over.

Hope this helps, may KRpano be with you !

tom

• Hi there from sunny New Zealand...not that I have been out as much as usual, head down in the computer trying to learn krpano is a strange summer sport. Altering the xml file, saving it then refreshing the panorama is certainly the quick way to see progress. I have got a bit further on, but more q's if you dont mind....Once I get editor to co-operate will be even faster.

1)where you put "hotspot_ani_black.swf" I have substituted a very small .jpg image, this works for the moment and allows the main picture to be loaded. I did this as the swf will not load, I am wondering if you have to but the google maps plugin first? Since I dont need that yet I have gone there. I havent found another swf that will do the job yet, but guess there is one in the woodwork soewhere.

2)I put the <plugin name="editor" url="plugins/editor.swf" /> into my xml file, along with the actual swf into the folder, but no luck, I am wondering what else I have to do to launch it.

3)Oh yes, the statement ath="250" atv="0.4989"....ath is easy, it moves the spot sideways, I got that. But what does atv do? I have altered the figure but it seems to have no effect...?

With many expressions of thanks, Briar...

• Hi,

1)where you put "hotspot_ani_black.swf" I have substituted a very small .jpg image, this works for the moment and allows the main picture to be loaded. I did this as the swf will not load, I am wondering if you have to but the google maps plugin first? Since I dont need that yet I have gone there. I havent found another swf that will do the job yet, but guess there is one in the woodwork soewhere

e.g. when the "hotspot_ani_black.swf" is in the same folder as the xml file,
    you could include it as hotspots with this code:

Code
    <hotspot name="spot1"
    url="hotspot_ani_black.swf"
    ath="0" atv="0"
    onclick="loadpano(pano2.xml, null, MERGE, BLEND(1));"
    />

2)I put the <plugin name="editor" url="plugins/editor.swf" /> into my xml file, along with the actual swf into the folder, but no luck, I am wondering what else I have to do to launch it.

is the path of the editor.swf correct?
    with the code in your example the editor.swf must in a "plugin" folder,

3)Oh yes, the statement ath="250" atv="0.4989"....ath is easy, it moves the spot sideways, I got that. But what does atv do? I have altered the figure but it seems to have no effect...?

ath / atv are the spherical coordinations in degrees for the hotspot,
    e.g. ath can be from -180 to +180 (but also larger or smaller, then the spot will just wrap around)
    and atv can be from -90 (zenith) to +90 (nadir),

here an image with the krpano coordinations system:

best regards,
    Klaus

• I have been trying to apply a tween to the ath and atv attributes for a .png image plugin and it is not moving. I am using the limitview="fullrange" for a partial panorama. I was trying to make a helicopter image fly across the screen when a hotspot is clicked. I am able to set the instance of the plugin to visible and observe it become visible, but the .png is not moving across the screen.

Should I be doing this with Flash CS4 or Action script using a sprite?

• Dear all,
    I'm also a beginner with krpano.
    I tested the source code from tommo77funk and its really what I searched.
    How can I modify this if I got several hotspots for several images in the same pano ?
    should I copy paste multiple time the little plugin and actions or is it possible to add the url for the image in a parameter ?
    Thanks for your reply

• I have another question related to the two actions "showpic" and "hidepic", as I have to use it on several pano, I made several scenes and put those two "functions" outside a scene thinking that in that case it could be callable by each scene within my XML, it seems that the showpic action works but the hidepic not.
    The picture is well displayed but I still have the hotspot of the pano available on mousemove but no action is done on click.
    Here is my source code.
    Thanks for your help

• Hi EricG,

Your problem comes because of your showpic action that makes the plugin to be showed enabled="false"...

Code
    set(plugin[%1].enabled,false);

then, it can not execute the hidepic action onclick ...

Code
    onclick="action(hidepic,pic_id2);"

So, change your code like this:

Code
    set(plugin[%1].enabled,true);

Hope this help...

SAlut.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!