can krpano do this?

• random thoughts off the top of my head...

each window is made of two hotspots... the background / outside image + a mask. The mask is locked to a location matching up to the window frame (easier to do if you have a cube face pano)... and the background is moved left / right dependent upon what the current lookat is.

Sorry that I can't write you up some code to do it... but it seems possible... just has to be broken down to it's simpler parts.

• Hi,

it's not directly possible, because there can't be two pano layers,
    but with distorted hotspots it's nearly possible,

here a quick and simple example:
    https://krpano.com/examples/parallaxtest/

and here the code:

the 'background' pano is included as hotspots and the foreground pano too,
    but the foreground pano images are images with an alpha channel,

originally they were .png images, because .jpeg don't have an alpha channel,
    but .png doesn't compress well, so they were converted to a .swf by this png2swf tool,
    here internally Flash uses JPEG compression for image and the alpha channel which makes it the file a lot smaller,

for the parallax effect a very simple 'delay' was used - the difference of the last horizontal move was added to the background hotspot positions,
    doing the same also for the vertical position is not possible because the rotation base is different,

best regards,
    Klaus

• very nice! with some more creative coding would it have been possible to make the rear view mirror react in the opposite effect as the windshield? sometimes i sit and wonder if there is anything krpano can't do.

*** i wonder i i dropped my W2 form on a droplet if it would do my taxes for me also? ***

• with some more creative coding would it have been possible to make the rear view mirror react in the opposite effect as the windshield?

should be possible.. the basic thought would be... if pano moves +x then offset mirror -x

sometimes i sit and wonder if there is anything krpano can't do

I often have the same thought... and honestly... the full possibilities of krpano haven't been touched yet (in my opinion)

i wonder i i dropped my W2 form on a droplet if it would do my taxes for me also?

You didn't see that droplet in the last release? *wink*
    It worked great. *whistling*

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!