Complete newbie wants to learn krpano.

• Well, I'm trully convinced that krpano is the tool I should learn :)
    Currently I'm doing my panos with pano2vr but I'd like to learn all about krpano. You can visit my website here: http://www.arte360.com.br
    But there's a thing: I don't know where to start learning. I don't have ANY clue about krpano I downloaded the demo but I odn't know how to do nothing.
    I'm really willing to spend my time to learn this tool. and creat great panoramas and tours.

If someone can give me the light and point me to some good learning resources over the intert I'd be glad, or if someone would like to teach me I'm willing to pay for classes (via skype).

Thanks very much!!!

• Klaus,Perhaps we need a newbie section???

Anyway, looking at the examples (and the code making them work) provided in the viewer download package should be beneficial. Also read through the documentation at the link above (or here. http://www.krpano.com/docu )

Use the search on this forum to try to find answers.

To use the tools, copy your license file into the same folder as the tools. Copy the equilrectangular stitched image (assuming you are using this input) and right click and paste onto the tool bat file of choice. This will create a basic xml, html page with all the basics. Then it is up to you to edit the xml to make it as you wish. You can always tweak the template files to output what you want.

When asking for help, it is often helpful to post a link so that others can view the issues and make a more informed answer. When I first started using Krpano, I was so clueless(as I had/have a very limited html/xml background). Then finally, it clicked. I still don't fancy myself a coder, I can make Krpano do what I want it to. Following the documentation (which should be updated to version 1.0.8 very soon) helps as well as this forum and examples. I am constantly amazed by what can be done with this software.

Hope this helps,

Jarred

• hey Jarred Thanks :)
    I'm so clueless, I hope it clicks for me too :)

What's the difference of tool and viewer? Which do I use to make a panorama?
    So far I create the equiretangular image using ptgui.

• What are you looking for? multi tiled? use the multires droplet. just 6 tiles? use the normal droplet. There are many choices. try them out. When you drop the equi onto the droplet, by default it outputs all of the output files into the same folder that you copied the equi from. Try it out and be amazed. Even if you don't have a license yet, the tools will work for testing, but the images will be watermarked.

The viewer package contains all the basics to use the viewer, such as current supplied plugins and stuff. It also has the examples. The tools are for image manipulation and output of xml. When using the tools, the viewer is (again by default, many things can be changed) automatically put into the folder with the output from the bat file.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!