What's is krpano viewer?

• I'm using the droplets that came with the krpano tool to make my first panoramas but I also downloaded the other file, which is the krpano viewer. What's the purpose of this? I mean so far I can make a simple pano using the droplets of the tools.

• The krpano.swf is the actual viewer. In the past, you could purchase the viewer and completely handcode everything without using the tools but the tools are awesome. The viewer is automatically generated if you use the tools and do not disable that feature in the tool settings.

On another note, in the viewer download, there are multiple examples in the example folder. It includes all of the code that is used for each example.

• Jarred thanks.
    now I need to know how can I make a "virtual tour" I mean, more than one panorama with the thumbnails at bottom.
    Could you please point me to a link where I can learn to do this?

• hmm thanks... It seems a great way to display the thumbs,
    now my question is, how do I created several panoramas so I can linking the thumbnails?
    for example: I use the normal droplet and create the first panorama.
    But I got more 3 equiretangular images (panoramas) for being at the same tour, what do I do?

• Here is the latest revision. #7

Scrolling Thumbnails

for the panos, you can copy all the equirectangulars at once and drop them on the droplet at the same time. ( or each seperately)

you just need to decide how you want them linked. If it is with the thumbs, fine. For a quick and easy fix to get you motivated and using basics, I suggest the combobox, at least until you get the thumbnails worked out.

The example folder has the combobox example. Hope this helps.

• Ok, so I need to input this code into all of my xml files and copy the file combobox.swf to a folder in my virtual tool project (plugins/combobox.swf) ?

" <plugin name="combobox"
    url="plugins/combobox.swf"
    align="lefttop"
    x="10"
    y="10"
    width="150"
    keep="true"
    />

<action name="combobox:Pano1">
    loadpano(pano1.xml,null,MERGE,BLEND(1));
    </action>

<action name="combobox:Pano2">
    loadpano(pano2.xml,null,MERGE,BLEND(1));
    </action>

"

• Oh man. How happy I am. You've brought me the light to understand this tool Jarredja. Until you guided me I was totally lost :)

Jarredja, if I embbed everything into a single swf using kprotect ir asks for the combobox plugin. please have a look http://arte360.com.br/tour.swf
    or it's not a good idea to create a single swf file for the tour? leave the html out of it?

• I don't usually protect the entire thing. But that is personal preference. I create a domain protected swf for normal use and if I wish to hide the xml, then I create a swf with the xml protected as well as the domain protection. I NEVER embed the images since that makes it slow to load. It requires the entire package to load before displaying. That said, when you protected the files, did you see a few files in red? These would have been files such as the combobox.swf that kprotect took issue to. I believe you can embed that one, you just need to go to the folder you keep it in. probably plugins/combobox.swf and add it to the lineup in kprotect. There are a few that CANNOT be added, such as sound, I believe. As I said before, I usually only protect the xml and I always have the license protected in the swf.

• I think it's working now: http://arte360.com.br/tour5.swf

I just left the combobox.swf at the root instead inside a folder (and then of course changed the path in the code)
    My question is, as it created just one swf file with all the tour embbeded, when loading does it load only the first panorama or all the tour (all the swf file size) ?

Edit: Thanks JArredja, your above post answered all my questions. :)

• If you want to use fullscreen, you will need to use a html page. Be sure to replace the call of krpano.swf with the one you created. I noticed you called yours tour.swf.

I believe that using html to call the swf is the best way, but what do I know. I am not fluent in code, just a dabbler.

• That works, I believe. I assume once you install the original into krprotect setup, it is rewritten somewhere else for safekeeping. Just remember when Klaus updates the version, be sure to use the krpano.swf from the download package for the kprotect setup, (only done once at each version changeover) and you should be fine. In other words, don't use a tour that is named krpano.swf in the SETUP of kprotect. I hope I am clear on this.

I always output as krpano.swf and yes on keeping just the first html.

• That works, I believe. I assume once you install the original into krprotect setup, it is rewritten somewhere else for safekeeping. Just remember when Klaus updates the version, be sure to use the krpano.swf from the download package for the kprotect setup, (only done once at each version changeover) and you should be fine. In other words, don't use a tour that is named krpano.swf in the SETUP of kprotect. I hope I am clear on this.

I always output as krpano.swf and yes on keeping just the first html.

Hmm I'm afraid I don't understand this matter about "intalling the original into krprotect setup" :(
    Hmm do you mean keep the original krpano.swf (from the download krpano tools folder) untouchable? This project was created in a totally different folder using the droplet that created the panorama in that new folder. Will I have problems, Jarredja?

• Glad to help. When I first started, I struggled for days before I found a post where someone said to copy the image and drop it on the droplet. I was pulling what little hair I have left when I saw that post and then that clicked. Then night by night, I would learn something new. My wife still thinks I am crazy for all the time I spend doing this. It has become a passion. I often go back to previous tours and re-do them just for fun. Ok, really for the learning experience and to make them look better. One day I would love to actually make money doing this but there is too much competition around here and prices are too cheap. So it shall remain a hobby that I occasionally get paid for.

• Jarredja, thanks again.
    I'm leaving now.. bed time over here :) I probably will dream with the new possibilities I have now on my hands :)
    I just created my new "businness" one month ago, before that I did not even know what nodal point is. It's been one month that I ordered my sigma 8mm and NN R1. I"m a wedding photographer here in Brazil and I created this to offer a new services to my clients and to make a bit more money. I think I'm doing ok after one month.
    If you have skype, please add me so we can talk more about it. skype: fellipe_de_paula
    See you. G'night!

• <quote>
    Hmm I'm afraid I don't understand this matter about "intalling the original into krprotect setup" :(
    Hmm do you mean keep the original krpano.swf (from the download krpano tools folder) untouchable?

</quote>

I don't think you will have an issue. If you do, just redownload it. No biggy.

When you originally set up kprotect, you had to install the base krpano.swf. As long as you use the one from the package and not one you packaged up with a tour, you will be fine. Again, you will only need to do this when you change versions. such as when 1.0.8 b12 rolls out.

It is simple and I probably should not have even mentioned it. I just remember someone saying they had used a packaged tour that they had made and tried to input it as the base krpano.swf into kprotect and had problems.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!