[NEW] NEWBIE Basics XML problems

• Hello again,

I have new problems with xml and krpano stiching.

I've checked examples and they really works fine, but when I try to do my own
    simple script with xml & krpano apps it does not work.

I do so:

1. Drop & drag over my panoramic image (for example) "MAKE PANO (SINGLE-SWF) droplet".
    2. It does SWF File so I point it out in HTML file where is it at exactly. (I do know HTML & CSS *wink* )
    3. I create my own folder with all those files and change whole code properly to make sure it does work.
    4. Then I run it in the browser and SWF is ok but krpano (hotspot) is not.

Well may it be casued by demo version of KRPANO?? I have it on my disk so it's so called OFFLINE.
    Please help me I have a thing *tongue* but it doesn't work.

Folder structure:
    -> index.html
    -> index.swf
    -> [images] - my custom images attached as a custom hotspots.
    -> [krpano] - downloaded plugins and JS files from krpano.com
    -> [code=xml] - place where I put my XML file.

Here is my simple code:

<krpano version="1.0.8" onstart="showtext('My first KRpano Effect');">

<view

hlookat="20.0"
    vlookat="0.0"
    fov="80.0"
    fovmin="70.0"
    fovmax="120.0"
    />

<hotspot name="arrow"
    url="images/image.jpg"
    distorted="true"
    ath="0"
    atv="0"
    scale="1.0"
    visible="true"
    />

</krpano>

Edited 2 times, last by sasky (August 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM).

• Try using the make pano (normal).bat file instead of the make pano (single swf) to get going with krpano. You can edit the xml that is automatically output and all of the paths will be correct if you use the original code. It also outputs basic html with krpano embedded.

I have no experience with the make pano (single swf) but it seems that some new users have problems with it. You can always use kprotect to protect the files once you have completed all of the coding. (Kprotect does require a license though)

• Hi,

the SINGLESWF droplets builds a .swf with an embedded xml,
    so there it's not possible to edit the xml after creating (but you could edit the template xml files before creating)
    setting a other xml file in the html file is also not possible in this case,

like Jarredja already said - use the MAKE PANO (NORMAL) or MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) droplet,
    then you will get a xml for editing,
    building an single swf in this case can be done later with the kprotect tool,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!