kprotect - krpano Protect Tool

• I've one plugin (my carousel) that i forced to be included in the swf !
    It work but it doesn't on a special xml used by it and such a thumbnails.
    I've tried to force them but then it fails :(

I also tryed to include mp3 and it failed too !

Any chance to have this working in the final version ?

But except that it is really cool :)
    I've success with a complete 7 views Visit (carousel + map + sounds).
    I also tried to decompile it with sothink and it didn't success :)

Good job :)

• I've one plugin (my carousel) that i forced to be included in the swf !
    It work but it doesn't on a special xml used by it and such a thumbnails.
    I've tried to force them but then it fails :(

I also tryed to include mp3 and it failed too !

Any chance to have this working in the final version ?

Hi, the problem here is that the plugin loads the thumbs by it's own (same for mp3s),

I could (and probably will ) offer a plugin interface for loading files,
    then it would be possible to load also embedded files, but then the plugin must be rewritten
    to use this interface, a automatically way to "redirect" the downloaded files is not possible,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

I am very new to krpano. Have been toying with it for the last few weeks and liked it so much that I ended up buying it. Klaus, you are great!! Keep up the good work.

I have a question regarding kprotect. I am trying to make myown.swf with the license embedded and have it restricted to only one domain. The kprotect tool creates the swf. But once I use this it throws an I/O Error "myown.xml" not found. I do not want to embed the myown.xml in kprotect. Am I doing something wrong???

Thanks for your help!

• Hi jchak,

This is because by default (if no set in the html) Krpano looks to load an xml file matching the same name....
    In your example you have your new krpano.swf renamed as myown.swf so it looks for myown.xml.
    Look here for more info: https://krpano.com/docu/usage/

SAlut.

Thanks Michel.

I figured it out from another thread. Actually, I had to uncheck "Disable external parameters" to get it working. Thanks anyways!

THis is a great forum. I am having fun reading all the stuff.

• Hi Michel,

Thanks for that. I already thought this would solve the problem, but I need to be able to use it on multiple domains so limiting the domain doesn't help me.

The reason is I'm building a share/embed function and mostly I can get away with an IFRAME so the domain doesn't matter, but for sites like MySpace I need to give the object/embed code, so I need to embed the initial XML doc in the swf so that I can still pass parameters to it in the url, but use it on multiple domains.

I feel like I get so far with it and then get sabotaged at the last moment!

• Hi viewinz,

Perhaps I am going to say some stupidities... but...
    The way I understand thinks is that the protected.swf file (with the limited domain name, for example viewinz.com) is uploaded into that domain viewinz.com. So, it must work on that domain.
    Perhaps you can have your object/embed code (that refer to your protected.swf) file in another domain...
    I have tried and it seems it works.

SAlut.

• Hi, Klaus!
    When the following version kprotect will be ready?
    I use a plug-in as3Thumbsforkrpano_Rev7 and I save tour with the kprotect, I do not manage to hide all XML, except the start.
    If I pack all XML in swf at usage as3Thumbsforkrpano_Rev7 there is an error.
    I use krpano 1.0.8 beta 9, and in the message on an error is written krpano 1.0.8 beta 8...

Also for me does not work snowplugindemo at usage kprotect...

• Hi Andrey_K,

I use krpano 1.0.8 beta 9, and in the message on an error is written krpano 1.0.8 beta 8...

This must be because you has set krpano 1.0.8 beta 8 in the kprotect setup....

Open kprotect.exe... Select the setup tab...Drag and Drop your krpano 1.0.8 beta 9 inside the application... That is all.

The version that is in use, it is displayed below the input for Path to the "Krpano.swf":

SAlut.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!