Multi-frame verses distorted cube face hotspot

• Trying to decide which approach makes the most sense, and perhaps there are other ways to do this too.

I'm going to be building a single 360 where 10-20 items inside the 360 change when a mouse over event occurs. There will be at least three states for each item. And if the viewer clicks on the item a new action will happen. The item may move, change color or something else.

The only examples of this type of behaviour I can find on the forums was done with the distorted hot spot full cube face 1,000 pixel approach and were produced before the Multi-frame function became available.

Based on my own experience with the cube face approach this is a very processor intense solution and seems to not work so well on net books or relatively low powered computers and has limits in crossing cube faces. It seems to me that a Multi-frame approach would be much better but I'm not sure about that.

My one reservation about Multi-frame is if it will ever be supported on the iPad/iPhone support. Perhaps I should have other reservations and/or possible approaches?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Regards

Robert

• Hi,

My one reservation about Multi-frame is if it will ever be supported on the iPad/iPhone support. Perhaps I should have other reservations and/or possible approaches?

sorry, but at the moment I have no plans to support multi-frame on the iPad, iPhone, these systems have so few memory, that holding two pano image at the same time in memory is not possible,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks Klaus for the quick response.

And thats what I thought might be the case, given the limited memory. I guess I'm also a bit shy of cube flipping on an iDevice although I guess the iPad may have plenty of power for that.

Do you see multi-frame as a kind of better or fuller replacement for cube flipping? Or are there places where you would choose to use one verses the other? Am I off base even comparing the two for the same basic visual functions?

Regards,

Robert

• Hi,

Do you see multi-frame as a kind of better or fuller replacement for cube flipping? Or are there places where you would choose to use one verses the other? Am I off base even comparing the two for the same basic visual functions?

no, it's not a replacement of anything, it's just an additional features,
    basically for multiple frames of a pano/object,

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!