Is there MAX limit to amount of panoramas in multi-frame tour ?

• Hi,

I just tried to make a multi-frame tour, with um.. 900 panoramas, and i get an error "WINDOWS CAN NOT ACCESS THE SPECIFIED DEVECE, PATH, OR FILE, YOU MAY NOT HAVE APPROPRIATE PERMISSIONS TO ACCESS THEM" i tried reducing the number of panoramas to eventually 10 before it would make a tour. I looked in kmakemultires.config file and cannot see a place to adjust multi frame output.

Is there a MAX limit to the amount of panoramas in multi-frame tour ?

Best wishes,

tom

• Ah ha, thanks Jarredja *thumbsup*

I have not made a command line before but looks great, like discovering as missing link.All the droplets are command lines .bat files.

SO from the post you directed me to to Graydon posts a command line to use

Code
    kmakemultires    templates\multiframe.comfig    pans\pano*.jpg

There are two things I dont understand,

templates\multiframe.comfig ? this file does not exist and maybe should be multiframe.config, but even still this does not exist, should I make it ? or just mention the kmakemultires.config which is what i do have. Also pans/pano*.jpg I think refers to the output directory, does it matter that the files are called something else when I drop them on ? Anyway I tried 5 different things and they have'nt worked so i am back here for help.

Thanks for any advice given on command line usage, looks very powerful tool, i've heard it mentioned a quite a few times, but always thought it was to do with linux and complicated programming.

One more question - alot past my capability, but so i can understand something, is it possible to put a .bat file onlline and using php for uploaded equirectangular images to be dropped on it and then processed into a tour as configured in the config and .bat file ?

Very interested in this new development (for me), so hope you dont mind so many questions and appreciate any advice given.

cheers and best wishes,

tom

• Here is a little something that I got working using the command line ( click start and then run).

Please note, I am not great with scripts so there is probably a much easier way to do this, but here goes.

I moved the krpano tools folder ( with licenses included) to my c: drive right at the root and then renamed it "test" for this example.

Then I created a folder inside of that test folder and named it "panos" and then included several panoramas.

I then went to the command line and put this code

c://test/kmakemultires templates/multiframe.config panos/*.jpg

this code found every .jpg file and put it into a multiframe setup. It did not "find" any .tif file. I also tried to replace the .jpg with .tif and then I tried just using * but neither effort did anything for me.

As for the bat files on the server, I don't think that works but I have seen Shanti use the Linux tools on a server with php.
    look here

Running ktransform on the server ...

I don't know how to do it ,but there is the code.

Hope that helps you.

Jarred

Edited once, last by Jarredja (November 13, 2010 at 6:21 AM).

• HI,

Excellent !! Thanks Jarredja ! I have used command line in (start - programs) for lots of other tasks (regedit - ipconfig etc.) but have never used it in such a way. Very handy - I also have learnt about .bat files which are too, very handy.Klaus's excellent virtual-tour.bat is very interesting. I got my multiframe tour to work now, nice one for your advice :) I am interested to now develop .bat files (droplets) and config files a bit further. Online solution would be good *rolleyes*

Best wishes,

tom

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!